Author Topic: McKenzie Seeds - 2012 / Brooklyn & Hurricane  (Read 114346 times)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
McKenzie Seeds - 2012 / April
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2012, 13:57 »
Hip hip hooray! I'm sure you are right about your ID, rcf. It likely is Brooklyn. You are very good at IDing our birds! :D And what a great photo of the 2 birds together on the pole!

Offline Shocka88

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2012, 13:49 »
Great news, RCF. I'm sure you are right....it must be Brooklyn!   :o

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2012, 13:42 »
Great info and captures - thanks!

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2012, 13:21 »
Rose called me at 9:15 this morning and told me there were two falcons at the McKenzie building, so I zoomed into Brandon to see for myself.  ;D  The new bird has a black band on the right leg.  I am very sure it is Brooklyn because in one pic I took it looks like a 2? over Y.  We watched for a while from parkade and he went into the nest box and was in there for quite a while.  I am sure he was making a scrape because we could only see his back and then he would peek over the edge.  Both he and Hurricane were chupping to each other and then he flew out and over to Hurricane who was perched on the green mast of communications tower.  :-* :-*

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 20:15 by RCF »

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2012, 21:29 »
What they all said   -   x's 5.   Your pictures of the Brandon birds and dedication are unparalled, keep it up RCF, we love what you post  :-*
Oh man, we are going to have to name your camera lens RCF so that the four of you (Dennis and Wowzer, RCF & ??) can start comparing notes on the best way to get photos of peregrine leg bands! That photo of Hurricane's bands is wonderful - knowing what her band looks like, there is absolutely no doubt who is home  ;D  And I know how hard it can be to get such a clear shot of her on the lights at the distance you were working from.  For twenty years I've been going blind at this time of the year spending hours with one eye suctioned to the eyepiece of a spotting scope begging a peregrine to pick up the "right" (correct) foot so that I can get just a glimpse at their leg band.  That's hard enough, but I'm not sure that it might not be even harder to take these kinds of photos - more skill with camera equipment than I'm likely ever to achieve.  Up close, no worries, those I can do, but I've given up trying to take proper identification photos at a distance, I just can't get enough detail.  Not only are your photos perfect for the project's record-keeping but they are also saving my eyesight for which I am very grateful  :-*!!  And besides, your photos are hands-down the best way to show-off that our birds are among the best looking peregrines out there! ;)

Thanks for taking such good care (and good photos) of the Brandon peregrines RCF!!!
Hey RCF!!!
Thank you so much for what you do. You're dedication to the awareness of the falcons and their situations, such as nestsite information as well as the pictures you post, is what keeps me dedicated to the survival of the peregrine project.
Oh yes, Alli, RCF is the best, thanks for everything rcf, you rock

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2012, 21:23 »
What they all said   -   x's 5.   Your pictures of the Brandon birds and dedication are unparalled, keep it up RCF, we love what you post  :-*
Oh man, we are going to have to name your camera lens RCF so that the four of you (Dennis and Wowzer, RCF & ??) can start comparing notes on the best way to get photos of peregrine leg bands! That photo of Hurricane's bands is wonderful - knowing what her band looks like, there is absolutely no doubt who is home  ;D  And I know how hard it can be to get such a clear shot of her on the lights at the distance you were working from.  For twenty years I've been going blind at this time of the year spending hours with one eye suctioned to the eyepiece of a spotting scope begging a peregrine to pick up the "right" (correct) foot so that I can get just a glimpse at their leg band.  That's hard enough, but I'm not sure that it might not be even harder to take these kinds of photos - more skill with camera equipment than I'm likely ever to achieve.  Up close, no worries, those I can do, but I've given up trying to take proper identification photos at a distance, I just can't get enough detail.  Not only are your photos perfect for the project's record-keeping but they are also saving my eyesight for which I am very grateful  :-*!!  And besides, your photos are hands-down the best way to show-off that our birds are among the best looking peregrines out there! ;)

Thanks for taking such good care (and good photos) of the Brandon peregrines RCF!!!
Hey RCF!!!
Thank you so much for what you do. You're dedication to the awareness of the falcons and their situations, such as nestsite information as well as the pictures you post, is what keeps me dedicated to the survival of the peregrine project.

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2012, 15:23 »
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 15:28 by bccs »

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2012, 13:42 »
Well done, RCF - great captures!!

Offline Doreen

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2012, 12:03 »
Great pictures RCF!!  :D

Welcome home Hurricane!!  ;D

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2012, 10:41 »
10:30  This morning Hurricane was sitting on the east light but she is still guarding her territory from all comers a few minutes after I got there she flew off to the west yelling at the top of her voice,she came  right back and sat on the peak of the clock tower, I went to see if the Raven was around and it was sitting on the northwest corner of a building on 10th street complaining. I guess Hurricane won't let it get any closer. Sure hope she gets everything sorted out before Brooklyn ( or if he doesn't and if someone else is the lucky boy) gets back so they can get back to business of making a family. :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 13:11 by Rose »

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2012, 07:00 »
Great captures RCF  ;)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2012, 23:09 »
Great that Hurricane is back..

I remember a few years a go when we had the raven problem at our site,.. Remember they nested Right tin the box.

Now ours nests on a building not too far from nest site and they seem to respect each others space now.

Offline msdolittle

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2012, 23:08 »
Very nice pictures RCF!

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2012, 22:51 »
Thank You and Your Welcome!

« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 10:41 by RCF »

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2012, 22:17 »