Author Topic: McKenzie Seeds - 2009 / Zeus & Hurricane  (Read 67331 times)

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
McKenzie Seeds - 2009 / June
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2009, 15:07 »
GREAT NEWS!!!!  YAHOOOOOOOO....more chicks!  Congrats Zeus and ?Holly?

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2009, 14:17 »
Yeah me to bccs!

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2009, 14:17 »
YaaaaaaaaaaaaaHooooooooooooooooooo.
Great, great news.
Happy dopey smile on my face.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2009, 14:04 »
Dan our man in Brandon informs me that we have three chicks hatched in Brandon that look to be a day, maybe two old.  The male is Zeus our resident male but the female still doesn't look like Holly but we haven't been able to read her band so can't be sure either way.  At the moment it looks like we will be banding around the end of the month.  More info on that later ... particularly for the Brandon Phanatics!

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2009, 23:47 »
Have a call in to our man in Brandon and hopefully I will have some good news shortly on the eggs and or the identities of our pair.  You can be sure I will post the news here as soon as I get something!

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2009, 06:25 »
Good Morning all,

It's 1 degree here this morning so hoping our resident pair are keeping warm.  They will get the morning sun to warm their perfect spot so should be ok.

TPC have we heard how this nest is doing?  Haven't heard anything for a while and just wondering if we know what is going on up there.  Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, M
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 23:47 by The Peregrine Chick »

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
McKenzie Seeds - 2009 / May
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2009, 10:21 »
With the number of interested people, we may need a "double decker" just to get there.

You may need to rent a double decker to get here, but there are two floors at the Double Decker, so, "Double Decked" and it is literally around the corner.  LOL  I'll be there!!!!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 10:26 by BirdLover »

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2009, 13:36 »
With the number of interested people, we may need a "double decker" just to get there.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2009, 13:31 »
I will definitely let you all know when we are off to band in Brandon and you are all welcome to watch from as close as we can get you, but the roof is probably out of the question, too many people can make the whole thing way too hairy for the adults trying to defend their chicks from the invaders.

As for "afters", there is an English Pub around the corner (The Double Decker) that is a standing tradition for post-banding lunch, and there is always plenty of room by the time we get there so you would definitely all be welcome there!

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2009, 21:32 »
Me too me too!!

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2009, 20:28 »
Yahoo, sound like a field trip for the birdie people ;D ;D

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2009, 20:24 »
Sounds like I'll have a full car ;D ;D. I think I know where the vantage point is, but will take TPC and Dennis' advice. I also know of a good chinese restaurant that has a pretty good buffet for a reasonable price.
Spent a lot of time there a few years back. If ya'll don't like chinese, I know where boston pizza is.
To make it legit, I'll have to pop into the office there, but I'll drop you all off before hand.
Sounds good?
I have a vehicle too, so (depending on the date), if I can go I can also take passengers!

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2009, 20:19 »
Sounds like I'll have a full car ;D ;D. I think I know where the vantage point is, but will take TPC and Dennis' advice. I also know of a good chinese restaurant that has a pretty good buffet for a reasonable price.
Spent a lot of time there a few years back. If ya'll don't like chinese, I know where boston pizza is.
To make it legit, I'll have to pop into the office there, but I'll drop you all off before hand.
Sounds good?

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2009, 20:12 »
We'll be banding the Brandon chicks at 3 weeks of age but we have to wait for them to hatch (heck, we don't even know how many there are yet!) at which point any one in Brandon will be able to see the adults trying to take Dennis' head off on the roof.  We can even set you up with a great location to watch all the attacks - not on the roof with us, but close enough that you will be able to hear and see all the action ...
Please let us know the banding date when it is available, I would love to make this trip.....especially if there is a rooftop to view from!

Offline Linder

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2009, 12:43 »
I would luv to attend this. Please let me know when and how I can be a part of it.