Author Topic: Radisson - 2012 / Ivy & Princess  (Read 166367 times)

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Radisson - 2012 / March
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2012, 16:26 »
I like these ideas; I would like to think that Trey and Princess (if she is not back, and that hussy Sandy is carrying on with that easily seduced two-timer Ivy), are enjoying their golden years together in a seniors home (wetland) down south, enjoying their long-deserved retirement.  Well, that is my dream, and I am sticking to it.

I think TPC said Oak Hammock is like a mall for teenage peregrine juvies to hang in after fledging.
Why couldn't there be an equivalent wetland that is a seniors home for our beloved older  birds?

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2012, 11:27 »
Susha:  Which reminds me, TPC.  If Princess (or other PF's of a certain age) are feeling that they can't make the trip back up north, is it possible that they just stay in their southern homes and "retire"?!?  Could Trey be sitting by a pool somewhere, sipping on a mai tai?  Or do our valiant PF's always fly home until their last breath.
PC:  They fly to their last breath but perhaps don't come all the way home ... could be that those who survived the migration but don't have the oomph or inclination to come all the way home, just hop from wetland to comfortable roost and float around that way.  No one really knows for sure.

I like these ideas; I would like to think that Trey and Princess (if she is not back, and that hussy Sandy is carrying on with that easily seduced two-timer Ivy), are enjoying their golden years together in a seniors home (wetland) down south, enjoying their long-deserved retirement.  Well, that is my dream, and I am sticking to it.

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2012, 20:49 »
For folks that are new to the forum and for folks that have forgotten...this is the link to photos for the Peregrines 2012 season.

http://www.pbase.com/photosbydennis/peregrines_2012

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2012, 17:36 »
I am terribly jealous of all you phanatics that can go and watch the falcons in Winnipeg, but happy for you too!!    :D
The Brandon birds usually don't show up until the first week of April.

Offline msdolittle

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2012, 17:16 »
Both birds were sitting on the ledge at the Rogers building. One flew off and did a big circle and went and sat on one of the letters.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2012, 13:17 »
I'm off to Toronto for my daughter's wedding, like right now! But had to report that one of the birdies gave me a send off!...
I know you have already left Cooper, but maybe you will read this from TO. What a great send off from one of the PF's! Have a wonderful week! :D Hopefully, more of the birds will be ID'd by the time you return! ;)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 13:23 by Kinderchick »

Offline moka

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2012, 12:28 »
All this excitement,  :P, can't wait for the IDs to come in on those birds.

Great spotting everyone. And as always, thank you TPC for all the great info.

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2012, 11:57 »
I'm off to Toronto for my daughter's wedding, like right now! But had to report that one of the birdies gave me a send off! Running back to my office from cityplace, past the church, when suddenly I heard the familiar kak-kak-kak-kak-kak. I looked up and circling above the church, one of the birds drifting on thermals, wings outstretched kakking all the while.  8)

Yay! See you all when I get back! 

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Radisson - 2012 / March
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2012, 10:01 »
Which reminds me, TPC.  If Princess (or other PF's of a certain age) are feeling that they can't make the trip back up north, is it possible that they just stay in their southern homes and "retire"?!?  Could Trey be sitting by a pool somewhere, sipping on a mai tai?  Or do our valiant PF's always fly home until their last breath  :'(

They fly to their last breath but perhaps don't come all the way home ... could be that those who survived the migration but don't have the oomph or inclination to come all the way home, just hop from wetland to comfortable roost and float around that way.  No one really knows for sure.

Offline Mother Hen

• Phanatic
  • Chick
Radisson - 2012 / March
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2012, 07:05 »
Most exciting to have two....double the fun of watching.

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Radisson - 2012 / March
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2012, 21:22 »
Well....time will certainly tell won't it!  Can't wait to find out who is back, where they are going to nest and what is to come!

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Radisson - 2012 / March
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2012, 21:01 »
Saw a bird on the east ledge the other day. Maybe this year I'll have a ring-side seat.

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Radisson - 2012 / March
« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2012, 19:59 »
Well....Ivy is known to make some bizarre "moves" with the ladies!  LOL!

As long as the blood line continues and falcons keep returning to the Peg, that's what matters!

Very true.

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Radisson - 2012 / March
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2012, 19:56 »
Well....Ivy is known to make some bizarre "moves" with the ladies!  LOL!

As long as the blood line continues and falcons keep returning to the Peg, that's what matters!

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Radisson - 2012 / March
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2012, 11:06 »
Which reminds me, TPC.  If Princess (or other PF's of a certain age) are feeling that they can't make the trip back up north, is it possible that they just stay in their southern homes and "retire"?!?  Could Trey be sitting by a pool somewhere, sipping on a mai tai?  Or do our valiant PF's always fly home until their last breath  :'(