Author Topic: Radisson - 2012 / Ivy & Princess  (Read 166447 times)

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Radisson - 2012 / March
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2012, 10:50 »
This is so exciting!  And nerve-wracking, wondering if this is the year that Princess doesn't come back :'(

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Radisson - 2012 / March
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2012, 10:25 »
Ivy! What a 2-timer! LOL! ;)

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Radisson - 2012 / March
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2012, 08:52 »
Can't wait to find out who is who!!   :)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Radisson - 2012 / March
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2012, 07:12 »
Ivy...the rogue!  I hope Princess is with him.  :-\

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Radisson - 2012 / March
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2012, 21:20 »
Oh, also meant to say that it looks like the HSC bird is the female hanging out with Ivy right now .... (sorry)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
Radisson - 2012 / March
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2012, 21:08 »
We do have two birds at the Radisson and although we don't have band confirmations this is what we do know ... (courtesy of Dennis and Wowzer today!!)

Bird 1 = male, has a black band on his right leg which is the same leg Ivy has his black band on and the bird, from the appearance it does look like Ivy but until I have a confirmed band number, all I can say is that this male looks very very much like Ivy from what I have seen.

Bird 2 = female, has a black over green band on the left leg which is the same leg that both Princess and Sandy have.  The only good photo I have of Sandy shows less white than this female has so I don't think its Sandy.  I'm wondering if it could be Princess though ... although she has speckles that come up high, they are getting lighter overall as she's aging - we've seen that with other birds - Jules is a good example.  So I'm wondering if at a distance (even with Dennis' cameras) and in the bright light it isn't our girl.  But I'm just not sure.  All I am sure about is that this bird is female and she has a black and green band on one leg.  

So assuming the male is Ivy, it might be our 2011 resident pair (Ivy and Princess) but I'm not sure.  Might be Ivy and that hussy Sandy like last year.  Or it might be Ivy and a new American hussy.

What I am sure about is that there was hanky-panky on the Radisson about 12noon today.  As a result, Sandy the hussy is looking like a good bet for the female ... and if it is Ivy, once again he is incapable to playing hard to get ...  ::)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Radisson - 2012 / March
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2012, 20:18 »
Was out for a late lunch this afternoon with some good friends and then did a few errands afterwards. Coming home, around 6:00 PM, I decided to drive via Portage Ave. and was fortunate to see 2 peregrine falcons! ;D I pulled my car over in a loading zone, put my emergency flashers on, grabbed my binoculars and had a pretty good view of them! One, who's breast appeared to be quite white, was perched in the Radisson nestbox. The other was perched high up on one of the communication towers, directly above the nestbox. Didn't have the best view of that one, though. Very exciting to see my 1st peregrine falcons of the season! Maybe this is our resident pair? :-\ Can't wait for a positive ID!

Offline Gingerlee

• Hatchling
Radisson - 2012 / March
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2012, 20:05 »
I was at City Place parkade around 3:30 this afternoon, saw the birdie on the I at Hydro building, saw the birdie at the nest box, who  flew away shortly after that.  My first look this season of the falcons.

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
Radisson - 2012 / March
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2012, 16:37 »
Saturday, March 17/12, one birdie on the nest box staring across the way at another birdie on the dot of the i on the Hydro building. This at 3:07 p.m. Typical resident pair behaviour, no?

Birdie still on the dot of the i by 4:20 but bird on nestbox had vamoosed.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
Radisson - 2012 / March
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2012, 08:55 »
We have real technical problems with our internet connections for the cameras - by that I mean, we (Eye-Spy) can't fix it  which doesn't happen often let me tell you!!  Anywho, we have "others" working on the problem from their end and we hope (and have lots of fingers crossed) that we will have this sorted (finally) soon.  Or at least before I go crazy trying to figure out who's doing what where!!!

Not that its entirely a bad thing (so far), Dennis and his friend Wowzer and Wowzer's cousins have been making some road trips of late ....  ;D

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Radisson - 2012 / March
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2012, 23:17 »
I would agree Pam...
C'mon all you falcon phanatics, get those high tech binocs and cameras out, time to get at it!   ;D

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Radisson - 2012 / March
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2012, 23:07 »
There are 2 falcons. One is sitting on the T on the Hydro Building and another just flew east toward the radisson.

I'm on the top floor of the parkade

So, would seem to be two birds downtown - we must all keep our eyes peeled to help id them!

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
Radisson - 2012 / March
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2012, 19:43 »
Congrats to Cooper who saw for the very first time.....Cool isn't it?

I suppose I should have said "first spotting this year". As I work downtown, I regularly watch the birds, so I can't say that this was my very first time to see them. Nor will it be the last! But yes MH it is always very cool!

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Radisson - 2012 / March
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2012, 16:26 »
MSD!!  What I wouldn't do to be there with you right now!!  Do you have your binocs? 

When will the cameras be up, TPC?  Who are these birds?!?  Is Princess back?!?  Is that white-breasted little fellow Ivy?!? ???

Offline msdolittle

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Radisson - 2012 / March
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2012, 16:07 »
There are 2 falcons. One is sitting on the T on the Hydro Building and another just flew east toward the radisson.

I'm on the top floor of the parkade