Author Topic: All Charities Campaign  (Read 4574 times)

Offline MayShowers

• Phanatic
  • Chick
Re: All Charities Campaign
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 10:01 »
I used to have payroll deduction because the company I worked for would match it and we could request where we would like our donation to go, as long it was a registered charity.  However, they have since decided that they will no longer send money to non-human charities so I also quit payroll deduction and just send my donations directly.

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 08:05 »
I know that, with the provincial government All Charities campaign, the entire donation does go to the charity (judging by the acknowledgements I've received from a couple of my usual choices).

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 20:15 »
Ditto to what Jazzerkins has said. :-* I also want my whole donation to go to the charity/charities of my choice, so I too, send my donations directly to the charities of my choice.

Offline Jazzerkins

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 20:11 »
Just be careful if you donate through the United Way to another charity - they charge an admin fee if you designate a specific charity.  That is why I quit payroll deduction.  I wanted my whole donation to go to the charity of my choice and really resent a portion being put to admin fees.  I now send my donations directly to the charities I want to donate to.

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 19:24 »
That is a great idea, Jo!  I have payroll donations every year and I can choose my charities. :)

Offline Jo

• Phanatic
  • Chick
All Charities Campaign
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 19:13 »
Just a reminder . . . for those who are able to contribute to the All Charities via payroll deduction . . . it's that time of the year again

Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project of Manitoba [P086]