Author Topic: Barn Owls - California / Audubon Starr Ranch  (Read 3033 times)

Offline cadria

• Past Member
  • Chick
Re: Barn Owls - California / Audubon Starr Ranch
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 14:55 »
Thanks for that. I used to love watching the barn owls on the Dutch site Beleef de Lente but they were taken off the site when it was reorganized this year. The chicks were very ugly then very cute as their feathers grew in.

LOL  I know, they are very funny looking with their pointy faces.  They look like little aliens, but then their face changes and they become quite beautiful.

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 06:23 »
Thanks for that. I used to love watching the barn owls on the Dutch site Beleef de Lente but they were taken off the site when it was reorganized this year. The chicks were very ugly then very cute as their feathers grew in.

Offline cadria

• Past Member
  • Chick
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 01:55 »
Ok, here is another one of my regulars! 

http://www.starrranch.org/blog/?page_id=2

It does take a bit to load, so be patient.  This one has sound as well.

You can also open it in Windows Media Player if you want to make it larger and to have it standing alone.

Open WMP > File > Open URL > type or paste in http://www.starrranch.org/blog/?page_id=2 > OK

You can right click on the screen and you will see something with video size, you can bump it up to 200%. :D

Ooops..ok, I have the wrong addy down for WMP.  I went to edit it, but guess you can only edit a newer post.  My apologies for the wrong URL!

Open WMP > File > Open URL > type or paste in http://azul.streamguys.com/auduboncal-1 > OK

It should then open in Windows Media Player.  Apparently there are 2 eggs in there, so they will be on round 3!

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 22:59 »
Well, imagine that, you were at the Lady Grey Owl fundraiser breakfast too, cadria. We probably did pass one another. :) I went with my husband and we sat at a table with des and her family. We also bumped into Pam and her husband while there. Pam took some wonderful photos which she has posted on the Forum. Check out the "Breakfast with the Owls" thread on the "Upcoming Birding Events" board, cadria. Also, you could make a post about your book, "Wesley the Owl" on the "Other Raptor/Birding "Stuff" board on the "Bird Books Worth Reading" thread. Sounds like a very interesting book. :)

Offline cadria

• Past Member
  • Chick
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 22:21 »
Oh my gosh!  I went to Breakfast With The Owls too!  I bet I passed you and never even knew it!  I have some great shots of the birds from there.  Yes, Luna, the Barn Owl was there.  Barn Owls are not found in MB, however. 

I recently read a wonderful memoir called "Wesley the Owl" and it was about a wildlife biologist and her barn owl that she raised (It was in the 70s - no way you could do that now).  It is humourous and a good read.  I highly recommend it! :D

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 10:11 »
That's pretty cute I've never seen a barn owl before...
I had never seen one before till I went to the "Lady Grey Owl" fundraiser, where they had lots of raptors on display from Wildlife Haven I think. :-\ Barn Owls are very beautiful birds, indeed.

Yesterday I was watching and the two of them were standing together, at the same time they tucked one leg up (not sure where this leg went) and they were both standing on one leg it looked pretty funny.  ;D
Right now, both parents are standing on 1 leg, like storks do. I didn't know Barn Owls did that. On the other webcam, a donkey walked by, munching on carrots! :o

Offline Doreen

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 09:28 »
Yesterday I was watching and the two of them were standing together, at the same time they tucked one leg up (not sure where this leg went) and they were both standing on one leg it looked pretty funny.  ;D

Offline moka

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 09:04 »
Thank you, I love watching owls. ;)

Offline cadria

• Past Member
  • Chick
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 18:36 »
Your welcome. :)  Usually I have so many cams to watch in the spring, my head is spinning.  The barn owls are pretty cool. 

Offline Doreen

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 15:38 »
That's pretty cute I've never seen a barn owl before.
Thank you again for all these wonderful sites to watch.  ;D

Offline cadria

• Past Member
  • Chick
Barn Owls - California / Audubon Starr Ranch
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 14:12 »
Ok, here is another one of my regulars! 

http://www.starrranch.org/blog/?page_id=2

It does take a bit to load, so be patient.  This one has sound as well.

You can also open it in Windows Media Player if you want to make it larger and to have it standing alone.

Open WMP > File > Open URL > type or paste in http://www.starrranch.org/blog/?page_id=2 > OK

You can right click on the screen and you will see something with video size, you can bump it up to 200%. :D