Author Topic: ON / Toronto - Yonge & Eglington - 2010  (Read 2102 times)

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: ON / Toronto - Yonge & Eglington - 2010 / ? & ?
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 20:56 »
Great news Carly!!!!

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 16:26 »
This is fantastic Carly, Nice to see that they are nesting a little further north of the downtown area. ;D

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 16:00 »
Apparently there are 4 juvies!  Another fledged and landed on the glass balcony so they picked her up and are keeping her for banding before putting her back.

Toronto seems to revel in glass buildings and glass balconies.  Problem for our falcons is they don't understand glass so they try to fly through it.  We had to take two off glass balconies last week at our site - not because they were too low either, they actually stayed high and landed on upper balconies but couldn't figure out how to get through the glass to take off again. 

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 11:04 »
Breaking News - New Peregrine Nest Discovered in Toronto at Yonge & Eglington and they have 3 fledglings!!!
Fabulous news, carly! ;D And I'm so glad the juvie wasn't injured and was going to be banded. I'm sure that he/she has already been released by now. And very exciting news that the nestledge has been located! :D Is that an apt. building or an office building?:-\ I couldn't really tell when I looked at the photo. Please keep us up-to-date!

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 23:09 »
GREAT NEWS and WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

This is exactly what we want.....more peregrines and more people on the lookout to make sure we get more peregrines! 

Thanks for posting this Carly!   ;D

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
ON / Toronto - Yonge & Eglington - 2010
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 16:04 »
2010 NESTING SEASON

Breaking News - New Peregrine Nest Discovered in Toronto at Yonge & Eglington and they have 3 fledglings!!!

Found out when someone called saying needed a Kestrel rescued..it was a juvenile peregrine!!! We heard rumours of a couple there but no one could find them and now they've found the nest ledge too and fledge watch being set up as we speak!!

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2010/06/sightings/3394/

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2010/06/sightings/a-call-for-help/