Author Topic: Saskatoon - 2008 / ? & Donna  (Read 7883 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Saskatoon - 2008 / ? & Donna
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 00:48 »
Have sent the Saskatoon gang an email, hopefully I will have news for you all shortly!

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 10:03 »
Any news on this nest site TRacy??

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 13:14 »
I would be surprised if all six hatched, it would pretty much be a record I think ... And Donna is a first year female so not unusual for her to have fewer young, look at Radisson in Edmonton, only one chick this year, and I believe they are the same age.

I think the reason they haven't advertised the nest is that it is exceedingly inaccessible, you haven't had a pair for a number of years, its a new female and she laid late in the game, all/any of which could mean no successful nesting this year ...

I will certainly post an update about anything I hear !!

Offline dodobird

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 10:05 »
Sorry, there are 6 eggs - can hardly wait to hear if they have hatched and how they are doing.

Offline dodobird

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 09:51 »
My UPS delivery person tells me he sees the peregrines often when he is driving around the area where they have nested. Haven't heard a peep about them anywhere though. I know there were 4 eggs - but nothing more. Really would appreciate an update when you hear anything, Tracy.
Can't believe we have a nesting pair and no news on how they are doing. Very secretive people, these Saskatonians.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
Saskatoon - 2008 / ? & Donna
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 16:51 »
For the first time in a number of years, there are peregrines nesting again in Saskatoon.  The female is from the 2005 nest at the McKenzie Seeds Building in Brandon and her name is Donna.  She is a great-grandkid of the original Delta Pair, Maud & Pop.  Her mate is being very coy about letting the Project in Saskatoon read his band numbers (if he even has bands) but they are going to keep trying.  Donna is currently incubating 6 eggs (perhaps a record number!) but we have no idea when they are going to hatch.

The Saskatoon Project doesn't have a website or a webcam this year as it has been a few years since they have had a nesting pair.  We will be posting information about their pair here on their behalf.

Keep tuned!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 16:53 by The Peregrine Chick »