Author Topic: 2010 - Kinderchicklets / Does Tracy give them bird medicine?  (Read 1807 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Does Tracy give them bird medicine?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 03:20 »
Hey Kinderchicklets,

While I know lots of things about peregrines, sick or injured peregrines require a special doctor, an animal doctor (called a veterinarian or vet).  So if one of our chicks got sick I would take them to a vet for them to take care of them.  The biggest problem is that it is very difficult to tell if an adult or baby peregrine is sick, they can't talk and because they are wild, they don't like to let anyone know they are hurt or feeling sick.  That is one of the primary reasons for having a camera on the nestboxes, it lets us watch the peregrines daily so that if there is some little change, we can maybe notice it!

Good question 'chicklets!

The Peregrine Chick

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
2010 - Kinderchicklets / Does Tracy give them bird medicine?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 15:39 »
The Kinderchicklets want me to ask you if you would go up to the nestbox on the roof of the Radisson Hotel to give the peregrine falcons some bird medicine, if they ever got sick, Tracy?  ??? This question precipitated from an earlier conversation I had with them this morning, regarding Larry the camera man's job... When they asked me if you were helping Larry install the new nestbox webcam and I told them, likely not and that you are a scientist whose job it is to watch over the peregrines, making sure that they are healthy and well, that's what one of the 'chicklets wanted me to ask you. 8)