Author Topic: 2010 - Kinderchicklets / Was that you, Larry?  (Read 1947 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Was that you, Larry?
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 03:14 »
Hey Kinderchick & Kinderchicklets,

I was up on the roof with Larry and Dennis yesterday so that I could check out the chicks after all that rain.  All the chicks looked healthy so Princess and Ivy have done a very good job taking care of them through all the rain we had last weekend!  We don't like to disturb the peregrines when they are nesting so while Larry was working on the camera I was able to check out Princess and Ivy and the nestbox and then finally the chicks.  That way we probably won't have to go back and check on them again until we band them!

And it is very fun working with Larry and Dennis!  ;D 

The Peregrine Chick

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Was that you, Larry?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 15:23 »
Hi KinderChicks

I'm glad you are enjoying the camera again this year.  I am happy that our cameras can give you a little close-up look at Mother Nature and her Falcons.

So, you think you saw me on the camera yesterday.  Well, the van that you saw was not mine.  I have a blue truck, and I usually park in the back of the building.  But, by the time you are reading this on Wednesday morning, I will likely be at the Radisson, and working to replace the camera so you can see into the nest box once again.  I might even wave to you if you are watching, and I have a chance.

Have a great day today, and enjoy our Chicks !!

Larry the camera guy.

Thanks for sending this message to the Kinderchicklets via a private message to me this morning, Larry! They were thrilled to hear from you! :D The 'chicklets were also very interested to hear about your blue truck and will be watching for it, next time the Sky Cam is up!  ;) They were very happy that you were able to get the new nestbox webcam working and they finally had a few minutes to see the chicks, while Princess and Ivy were away from the nestbox. I'm thinking that Princess and Ivy were probably close by and they must have been squawking at you to "leave our chicks alone!", as Tracy would say.

The Kinderchicklets did not get to see you waving at them but I told them that you were very busy trying to install the new nestbox webcam and then get out of there before Princess and Ivy attacked you! :o  They wanted to know if Tracy was helping you up there on the roof of the Radisson Hotel... ??? I told them that she probably wasn't up there helping you because you are the "camera guy". So then they asked me: "Well then, what does Tracy do?! LOL! ;D

I told the 'chicklets that you are a scientist, Tracy and that you watch over Princess and Ivy and the chicks to make sure that they are healthy and well. I hope that I answered them correctly, TPC. If not, please feel free to jump into the conversation. ;)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
2010 - Kinderchicklets / Was that you, Larry?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 21:23 »
The Kinderchicklets were quite surprised to have a different webcam view of the nestbox when they came to school this morning, TPC. I explained to them that the other camera broke down, with all the stormy weather on the weekend and that Larry, the camera man was going to try very hard to get it fixed, just as soon as the weather cleared up. :) But they appeared to be quite fascinated with this new webcam view and one of the 'chicklets remarked that it was nice to know that Princess and Ivy have a balcony to take the chicks out on, when they are able to walk!  ;D LOL!

The Kinderchicklets also enjoyed watching some of the people and the traffic on the street down below. I think it gave them a different perspective of the nestbox being up so very high, when they saw how tiny the people on the street below looked. Now, that brings me to a new question from the 'chicklets... At about 10:30 this morning some of the Kinderchicklets happened to notice a white van parked on the street below and some men appeared to be carrying some things from the van and into the building. So the Kinderchicklets want me to ask you: "Was that Larry the camera man parked outside on the street below, carrying in some of his equipment in order to fix the camera? ???