Author Topic: 2010 - Kinderchicklets / How much do they weigh?  (Read 2149 times)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: How much do they weigh?
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 18:48 »
When I told him what you had written, he mulled it over in his head for awhile and then said: "Hmmmm, not as big as I thought they would be! I guess they must be smaller than Eagles and Geese, but bigger than Crows and much bigger than Hummingbirds!" :D So... he really has been doing some thinking about their size!

Well, this teacher has to admit that she gave the Kinderchicklets a little bit of incorrect information last week.  ::) When one of my 'chicklets was reflecting on their size and commented that he thought that Peregrine Falcons must be bigger than Crows, I agreed with him.  :-[ But after my visit with "Perry" the Peregrine Falcon at my local wild bird store last weekend, I was struck by how small he was and was informed that Peregrine Falcons are smaller than Crows!  :o So it looks as if I'll be "eating crow" this week! ::) :P

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 12:46 »
Thanks, especially for answering this question, TPC! My little Kinderchicklet future accountant kept asking me the same question over and over again, until you were able to answer him! ;) When I told him what you had written, he mulled it over in his head for awhile and then said: "Hmmmm, not as big as I thought they would be! I guess they must be smaller than Eagles and Geese, but bigger than Crows and much bigger than Hummingbirds!" :D So... he really has been doing some thinking about their size!

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 22:15 »
Hey little Kinderchicklet accountant!!

Accountants are important, there are lots of people who aren't good with numbers so the people who are, are very important!

Your question about weights - Ivy weighs 500 to 800 grams or 1 to 1.5 lbs.  Princess is bigger and weighs between 1000 and 1500 grams or 2 to 3 lbs.  They probably weigh somewhere in the middle right now because they are working hard taking care of their new chicks.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
2010 - Kinderchicklets / How much do they weigh?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 16:19 »
I have one little Kinderchicklet who is very interested in numbers and measurement, Tracy. When I asked him what he might like to do when he grows up, he said he might like to be an accountant! LOL!  ;D Well, maybe he will be able to collect the Forum stats!  ;) At any rate, he has really wanted me to ask you how much Princess and Ivy weigh? I have told him that you can't catch them and weigh them, so he does understand that. But he still wants to know how much you think they might weigh, TPC?  :-\ Thought I'd better get this question in before the chicks start hatching! :D