Author Topic: U of Alberta - 2010 / ? & Radisson  (Read 63937 times)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: U of Alberta - 2010 / ? & Radisson
« Reply #603 on: September 02, 2010, 10:24 »
My computer is really acting up and so Peter and I hope to be able to get things ironed out so I can post lots of pictures from clinical science and WEber. I have been saying all year, wait till the season is over and then conk out. Well it is starting to really go. But we will have a new one for next season 

But :
We saw mom and dad and we believe Blue last night.( Blue we think by size and sound) Have not seen Red since Friday nihgt but that does not mean he is not there. We had to make a trip to Weber so he could have come in later. We have had so much rain that he may have holed up somewhere.

This is the time of year that is hard for me. It is so quiet and I  long to hear the squawking  :lol:  :lol: Blue just  gave out a few cacks as she flew in beside mom last night and mom immediately flew off and went over to med building. ( mom had been on the south aerial of college Plaza and Blue landed right beside her.) But when dad came in and landed on the top south corner of Newton apartments , I was so thrilled. To see both adults together and not far away from each other, is something we have not seen for awhile. Now we know things are winding down. We watched until dad turned in for the night.
Blue had not moved when we left.
Peter and I will continue to monitor till we leave on a holiday Sept17. by then the kids will be gone but adults will still be here.

Offline Ellie

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #602 on: August 25, 2010, 14:53 »
Just read the story about "blue" and am sad and happy all in one breath.  What a "freakish" accident and how lucky to have her rescued so quickly.  Thank you so much for letting all of us share in the happenings and all the wonderful pictures.  She truly is a beautiful falcon!! ;D  Thank you again!

Offline msdolittle

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #601 on: August 25, 2010, 11:19 »
thanks for posting and the pictures.

Offline ShoeChick

• Past Member
  • Hatchling
« Reply #600 on: August 25, 2010, 11:11 »
Wonderful, wonderful pics!!!  Thank you VERY MUCH for posting them.  I almost feel like a small part of the excitement when I view them!

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #599 on: August 24, 2010, 23:56 »
Wow, what a day to remember, Bev. How fortunate blue wasn't hurt. She is indeed a gorgeous falcon.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #598 on: August 24, 2010, 21:30 »
Oh bev, what a thrill for both you and Peter, to have been given the opportunity to hold "Blue", prior to her release! 8) I am so happy for you and especially for "Blue", that she was able to be released so quickly and without injury, as Elaine has already said. :D And I just want to add, what a beautiful peregrine she is! :)

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #597 on: August 24, 2010, 16:16 »
Oh, Bev, what a thrill!  Blue looked like a blue-blood, as she is!  I would love to some day have the opportunity to hold a wild falcon! I am very happy for you, Peter and Becky, and I am so glad that Blue was able to be rescued so quickly and efficiently, and to be released without problems!

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #596 on: August 24, 2010, 16:14 »
Great story and a happy ending and you got to hold the bird, it doesn't get any better  ;D ;D

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #595 on: August 24, 2010, 15:54 »
Great pictures!  Thank you for sharing the drama.
Your excitement shows, and with good reason.  
What a thrill that must have been.
I'm so happy for you, Bev and Peter.

lorac

« Reply #594 on: August 24, 2010, 14:28 »
Oh my gosh, Bev -- that's fabulous.  What a wonderful opportunity for you. Peter, Becky and Gord.  I gotta admit -- I'm envious.  But after all the hours you've put in, you well deserve the reward of getting to "hold" her.

Bob was flying to Nova Scotia on Wednesday evening, so en route to the airport we stopped for a bite to eat at Rodeo Burger (because it is, after all, the only place in all of Edmonton where you can get something to eat LOL).  Since we just happened to be in the neighbourhood, we took the opportunity to scan the sky and the surrounding buildings.  Nothing.  That is until we were walking back to our car, and suddenly we heard that familiar sound in the sky.  We looked up to see the two kids chasing each other in back of the Maz and over around CSB.  It was great.

Thank you for posting this update and the pictures.  This is wonderful.

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #593 on: August 24, 2010, 13:38 »
Oh my goodness! What heart stopping excitement, Bev.  Thank you so much for your report and pictures!

Offline dodobird

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #592 on: August 24, 2010, 13:20 »
Those are awsome pics, Bev. Thanks so much. And how exciting for you and Peter.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #591 on: August 24, 2010, 12:57 »
part 3

I can see, and I will soon be winging my way back to freedom

what a beauty, so proud

dad,still not chasing after she flies. It is when she turns back to come to territory that they go on defense

REd band

a few of hood that I missed

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #590 on: August 24, 2010, 12:47 »
Part 2
I was so thrilled for Peter and he is my rock and always misses these things. He was so thrilled

Peter and blue band

Gord removing hood

Gord removing straps

DAd watching from ledge adjacent to us.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 12:56 by bev. »

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #589 on: August 24, 2010, 12:46 »
I will post picutres in a few   separate .posts . Part 1[/b
]