Author Topic: State Capitol - 2010 / 19K & Alley  (Read 13084 times)

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: State Capitol - 2010 / 19/K & Alley
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 19:08 »
I don't know for sure who the falcons are this year, but from what I have seen they look like Alley and 19/K. It isn't possible to read bands at this site.

They are definitely incubating:

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 23:16 »
Is it because this year there is not yet a confirmation of Alley, that this thread is in the US rather than Manitoba Peregrine section?

Exactly right!  There are lots of members who don't follow all the threads but who like to track Manitoba chicks regardless of where they are ... when/if we get a confirmation of Radisson in Alberta I will move that board to the Manitoba Peregrines as well ... along with any other of our birds that should appear.

Also, you can see in the subject line that there are ? where the names of the resident pair should be.

Still trying to decide if grand and great-grand kids qualify as Manitoba birds if they weren't hatched in Manitoba ... Doorly is the offspring of Winnie and Zeus (Woodman Tower, Omaha, Nebraska) as is Husker.  Doorly is in Topeka, Kansas and Husker is in Red Wing, Minnesota ....

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 21:33 »
After reading the updated introduction on the Manitoba Forum page I came here and had to reread a bit.  
Alley is a daughter of Trey and Princess, as are Radisson (UofA) and Hurricane (Brandon-last year), but all from different years, right?
Is it because this year there is not yet a confirmation of Alley, that this thread is in the US rather than Manitoba Peregrine section?

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 14:34 »
Just peeked in here and someone is sitting in the nest box...looking like she might be on an egg or preparing for one  :-*  Or she's just tired..lol  :D

Offline irenekl

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 15:40 »
Happy St. Patricks Day & warm greetings from my monitor to all of yours.   I'm back excitedly watching along with all of you for Princess & Trey's return, as well as all our other usual haunts where we watch peregrine falcons.  I have really enjoyed all your posts over the winter as I snooped in from time to time.

Currently there is a rather large falcon at the nest of the state capitol building.  Looks huge to me!

C'om little birdies.....

From TPC:  Just moved a piece to the Radisson Board in order to avoid confusion here  :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 17:02 by The Peregrine Chick »

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 20:23 »
Back at the nest again today for a few minutes:

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: State Capitol - 2010 / 19K & Alley
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 21:44 »
Bird looks quite large, perhaps Alley is back ???  :o

It's hard to tell -- this is the adult with a solid dark hood, and I think it may be 19/K.

Back again today                                                                         Gone after this pic

Here is a pic from last year, showing both together. The one on top of the nest box looks larger, so I think this is Alley. Also this bird has a pronounced malar stripe.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 12:23 »
I hope Alley and 19/K like the new nest box -- I thought it was going to be in a different location.

One of them was at the nest for a while today, looking fairly well fed:

Bird looks quite large, perhaps Alley is back ???  :o

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 07:36 »
That's how I understood it too.  That has to be the cadillac model of all nestboxes  ;)

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: State Capitol - 2010 / 19K & Alley
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 19:25 »
the new box looks good - certainly has easier access for the chicks to fledge or just go a wandering!

I hope Alley and 19/K like the new nest box -- I thought it was going to be in a different location.

One of them was at the nest for a while today, looking fairly well fed:

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 21:37 »
the new box looks good - certainly has easier access for the chicks to fledge or just go a wandering!

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
State Capitol - 2010 / 19K & Alley
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 20:19 »
One of the adults spent some time visiting the nest box today. It's been a while since I've seen a falcon here:

http://www.ngpc.state.ne.us/wildlife/webcam/peregrine/default.asp