Author Topic: Up and Down  (Read 1729 times)

Offline willmax11

• Past Member
  • Chick
Re: Up and Down
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 16:44 »
 You can always use the "Home or End" buttons to go up or down
 on a page.

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 16:34 »
Absolutely, pchemist, I do know what you mean. 

I've now collapsed everything and find it more pleasant to see one page, with no need to scroll.

Offline Pchemist

• Past Member
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 14:30 »
hey, you know what is nice here if you collapse the boards and just use the "show unread posts" part...  you don't end up seeing the pale orange when it gets confused about Minnesota or something.  (you know what I mean). 

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 14:19 »
Nice, thanks TPC.  Will try that next time.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 22:57 »
I wondered how easy it would be to put the Go Down/Go Up buttons on the main page like we have on the posting pages?  I find myself doing a lot of scrolling when I want to see who is online or if there is nothing posted at the top and I want to go to the social zone quickly.
Just a thought... 

I'm afraid I don't design the layout of the board, that is part of the original software.  All I can change are the built-in features, settings and colours/photos.  Sorry!

What you can do however, is collapse a category (or all the categories) ... if you look at the main page, beside where it says "The Forum" you can see a little minus sign to the left of the words - click on that and it will collapse the category so that all you see is the heading.  If/when new posts are made in a category it should expand automatically I believe, but if not you can still just click "show unread posts since last visit" in the top right corner of the screen and you will get the listing of everything that has new posts ...

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Up and Down
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 22:44 »
I wondered how easy it would be to put the Go Down/Go Up buttons on the main page like we have on the posting pages?  I find myself doing a lot of scrolling when I want to see who is online or if there is nothing posted at the top and I want to go to the social zone quickly.
Just a thought...