Author Topic: VA / Richmond - Riverfront Plaza - 2009-22  (Read 19848 times)

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Richmond - 2009 / Ozzie & Harriet
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2009, 19:57 »
I hope someone knows where the little guy is, and that he is okay. This just doesn't feel right.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2009, 19:52 »
It's dark there now and parent is standing guard on the ledge of building over the nestbox.  She seems calm so perhaps they know where he is..

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2009, 19:34 »
Yes that's what it was Alison.  I wasn't sure what that white thing was and they were on it for so long...I admit it had me concerned. 

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2009, 19:29 »
Ok I looked, why did I go look.  They seem to have the cam on a big cable that looks like some sort of power cable going into an electrical box and there is a big blob of fuzz laying on it but not moving.  COuld be my eyes and this cam crashes my ie all the time but please tell me that's not an electrocuted chick laying on the cable and it's just something on the cam.

I'm not sure what you're looking at, Carly - the cam crashes every few seconds for me - but could it be this?

If so, I don't think it's anything except a blob of some kind. I wonder why someone hasn't gone up to check on the chicks, unless access is a problem.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2009, 18:53 »
Yes apparently they can go around the building on this site. Got this from the Richmond site. It does look like a ball of white fluff under the whatever it is, but doesn't mean that anything is wrong. We will have to have patience and see what happens. Apparently a 3rd chick was spotted at 4:15.

Maybe not...one chick keeps looking like two  :-\
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 18:55 by carly »

Offline Linder

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2009, 18:44 »
Yes apparently they can go around the building on this site. Got this from the Richmond site. It does look like a ball of white fluff under the whatever it is, but doesn't mean that anything is wrong. We will have to have patience and see what happens. Apparently a 3rd chick was spotted at 4:15.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2009, 18:33 »
Not sure Alison but from reading BCAW, they've been panning the roof all day looking for him.  He's not been seen even at feedings and I think they can go all the way around on that rooftop but dont' quote me on that.  Someone did notify them that the little boy hasn't been seen since yesterday.

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2009, 18:23 »
Can't get a clear enough look at what is where to be able to tell what exactly I'm looking at. How would the chick get up on the cable (can't tell if there's walk-up access)? Any chance it just might be under the ramp, where they seemed to go before? I'm just trying to come up with other options, no matter how far out.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2009, 18:02 »
Ok I looked, why did I go look.  They seem to have the cam on a big cable that looks like some sort of power cable going into an electrical box and there is a big blob of fuzz laying on it but not moving.  COuld be my eyes and this cam crashes my ie all the time but please tell me that's not an electrocuted chick laying on the cable and it's just something on the cam.

Offline Linder

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2009, 16:26 »
After further watching, someone said the ledge goes all around the building. So the little feller might have decided to go on a walk about and hasn't made it home yet. At least the parents can keep track of him if he did this and feed him if necessary. Very interesting site.

Offline Linder

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2009, 16:12 »
Have been watching the Richmond Forum and the webcam. Apparently they think the male chick is missing. They have doing scams of the ledge but have not spotted him. It is apparently a hot day there, so he may have found a good place to cool off. Certainly am thinking positive about that one. :)

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2009, 22:46 »
Super pictures! Thanks for the link, carly.

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2009, 20:09 »
The banding photos from Libby Mojica at CCBRaptors are great! Love the chick in the cardboard box, the pic of all three, and the ones of the parents.

Offline Linder

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2009, 18:16 »
Tuned into the site just after they were returned to the nest. They mainly seemed to want to huddle together, I guess because of those humans they had to endure. It was so cute when Harriet came in and they seemed to be showing their bling off to her and telling her what happened. I love the picture of the female chick in the cardboard box after banding. What a ham!  It was really nice to see the pictures of the banding and so happy all went well.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2009, 16:44 »
The chicks here were banded today - we have a boy and 2 girls.  BCAW has some pictures of the banding posted by CCBRaptors if you want to have a look.  There is a great shot of the three little amigos back in the box after getting their bling and you just want to hug them...they are adorable!!  And wicked shots of mum and dad defending!

Here is the link to the page, just scroll down a bit:
www.hostingphpbb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1173&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=405&mforum=peregrinefalcon