Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

AB / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2009-18

<< < (20/100) > >>

Moonstar:

--- Quote from: soaring west on June 23, 2014, 16:50 ---Moonstar. Bev noticed on the weekend that it was getting very little to none of the food. That is when she makes the call to Gord about the nest. But, I don't think there is business on the weekend at the building and had to wait tell today.  From what I heard about Gord, is that he is part peregrine falcon in a past life. He would not let one die if it possible.

--- End quote ---

Thanks soaring west for the update.  Sounds like all will be okay.

MayShowers:
Thank you for the update on the smallest chick bev.! Glad to hear that he/she has a promising outlook.

bev.:
it was a stressful weekend watching all feeds. Miss E and D01 are two  o f the best falcons you can get, It was not  a problem of enough food. there was plenty of that.
 But I noticed, after so much rain, that there were a lot of feeds, but most items smaller. this means , that with five chicks , the bigger ones were not getting full enough to fall over. so next feed they still needed more. so little ones were not getting very much.
then watching on Sat, the littlest one got none or maybe one bite. because it was not getting bigger ,because of less feeds, it was not able to get in there. and believe you me, it tried  . but bigger siblings were just too tall and would snatch what would be his bite. And then when they were full youngster would get tangled up with them and not be able to get in.

After much thought, because Miss E and D01 had five chicks last year, I phoned Gord. He had been watching also. As we were talking , there was a lot of food to be fed and finally little one got enough to sustain it overnight. So Gord , was in place to retrieve chick this morning,

I watched 2 very early morning feeds and it got none. others were just getting so much bigger.

Gord retrieved chick after doing quick weigh check by hand. it was so quick, you could blink. Gord let me hear chick on phone, and it was loud . He figures it will be fine and will be fed by an adult female. thank you Gord

Others are doing well and food is abundant.

soaring west:
Moonstar. Bev noticed on the weekend that it was getting very little to none of the food. That is when she makes the call to Gord about the nest. But, I don't think there is business on the weekend at the building and had to wait tell today.  From what I heard about Gord, is that he is part peregrine falcon in a past life. He would not let one die if it possible.

Moonstar:

--- Quote from: soaring west on June 23, 2014, 11:50 ---Just a few minutes ago, the smallest chick was taken out by Gord.

--- End quote ---

I hope everything is okay with it.  Waiting patiently to hear from you if all is well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version