Author Topic: AB / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2009-18  (Read 53020 times)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Alberta / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2016 / D01 & GG
« Reply #453 on: April 20, 2016, 01:32 »
cam finally went up an just in time. we knew she was very close to eggs by watching form ground. she was very lazy

So Egg 1 at 8:53 pm april19

short video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV4zjkqxPDY[/youtube]

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #452 on: April 19, 2016, 18:51 »
Thanks for the slideshows Bev.   8) The falcons sure are keeping you busy!   :)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #451 on: April 18, 2016, 21:10 »
 2 videos of pictures taken from ground

this  one was april4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8fOZZTYAKo[/youtube]

this one was april9-april17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8kf5ooUNjQ&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 21:12 by bev. »

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #450 on: April 18, 2016, 09:41 »
Peter was able to Positively ID DO1 yesterday with scope

So both back

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Alberta / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2016 / D01 & GG
« Reply #449 on: April 15, 2016, 12:41 »
2016 season

WE have positively  ID green girl M/26 and we are sure it is D01 , just have to get band

will post pictures here later

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Alberta / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2015 / D01 & GG
« Reply #448 on: September 05, 2015, 14:35 »
So  do I have a life. yes I do . that is why it took me so long to post here.  I do love my falcons and we try  to make sure, along with many dedicated volunteers, to keep them safe. but there are times , we just cannot.

That is why I love the pembina. We go out there every year and the falconer takes us around and we watch all the juveniles flying and honing their skills It is a true paradise for them . Are there hazards there. Of course. But they are from nature, not man. There are not buildings or windows to it. They come to ground and have the time to work their up via a tree etc.  One crashed landed in  a tree and just brushed it off and it was away. Truly amazing to watch.

Will try and post some photos soon of pembina . I have to resize etc.

And I will post a few more of yellow band and of green girl and DO1. they did a fine job this year. A true mystery as to why Yellow went to U of A.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #447 on: September 05, 2015, 13:43 »
Part 2
But on August 9th , he was spotted at our U of A site. He was playing with our 2 males there . WE went down to Weber on the 10th and waited to see if he came in . He did, after 6pm. He was fed and only stayed for about 40 minutes and off north east he went.

slideshow of him on august10 last day we saw him there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4ibgA0_EhE

We never saw him at weber again, but he could  still be going there. We cannot be there 24 hours a day. WE do not see him on cam either. We do know that  a juvenile was heard there , on the evening of Aug22, on cam . I can only assume it was him and I do not know if adults accepted him or not. I had our falcon  wind up at my home so could not go down.

WE see him every day at U of A and he is well fed and has been accepted there by RAdisson an d Chase and the kids. We have seen him turn in at night there also.

here is yellow at home in box at U of A

here is Yellow with radisson . watch closely and you can see him flying behind Radisson. This really warmed my heart as RAdisson has always been a tough love mom. and for her to accept Yellow band male from Weber was phenomenal. she did not accept Green girl back 2 years ago after she was in rehab. Go figure He looks so so much adult like as he flies and sits proudly on to p of building and aerials. You can tell he touched my heart.
I put music to all my slideshows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5eaVmCBSHU

I did not see him last  night but lat time I saw him was on Tues sept1, and  he was seen Sept 3, and Sept 4.

some of his pictures are in U of A  but I will post a few more here in a few days as soon as I get them finished.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 14:27 by bev. »

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #446 on: September 05, 2015, 13:36 »
It has been quite the year here.
part one

although I have missed the easy way of MIss Edmonton, it has been interesting to watch our Green Girl. In her first year, I am sure she has learned many things.

A young one had to be taken right after it was born. Well , 2 days later. It would not have survived. Green girl , being inexperienced , was only feeding 2 at first and then the third one got fed. The 4th did not stand a chance , so Dr. Court( Gord) was called , and he took it out. It was almost a goner when he got it. But he put a syringe in its throat and gave it fluids from Quail . That kept it going till he got it to our holiday place for peregrines.

It was actually comical when first 2 were born , to see green girl put prey on top of them . Like feed yourselves LOL
Luckily the male (DO1 ) came in and fed them . Then he also came in and touched up feed  after green girl fed, to feed 3 .

AS the season progressed , 'Green girl got better and better but she has a lot to learn. It is amazing how much she resembles her mom ,Radisson, from  U o f A.

Blue  male and yellow male and black girl , were self feeding 2 weeks before other nests. It was either meant to be that way, or once again inexperience of Green girl.( Maybe we should  call her MIss Green ). But they were always topped up by Do1 and Green girl.
And the boys were dragging in duck.

this is video a friend sent me of feeding of duck. It is long but worth watching and you hear the kids also

http://youtu.be/Mwb332RdZgM

But to have 3 flying here was not meant to be. We had a bad series of storms move in and we saw Blue drenched , and then did not see him. I contacted Gord, as i could not get down there, as I was monitoring one of chicks from U of A , that ended up in a spruce  tree in the pouring rain. :o

Blue boy was found on ground , drenched, so Gord took him and eventually hacked him out at Pembina.

Yellow fledged around July 18th or 19th. Not quite sure but Peter found him on a ledge , at Weber.( 5 am in morning ) He  felt he was O.k. and sure enough a few hours later he was back at nest box, eating. ( WE were trying to keep an eye on WEber , in between monitoring U of A .

I had a person , that went down there quite often for  us , and i went down before and after my shifts. I also had a friend who watched the cams from home and kept us updated. A few days after Yellow fledged, we had another bad storm, so Peter went down early morning again. He saw , black girl, on an air conditioning  unit on upper parkade at WEber.

He thought he should rescue but before he could, she flew. She had nice height but was probably wet. Peter said she flew around WEber and  if she had landed on ledge or Ramada , she would have been O.k. but she went south , and he lost track.

He looked all over for her and so I went down and looked also. once again made a call. She was found not far from where we were looking, on a piece of construction equipment, by a worker. He phoned Fish and wildlife and they rescued her and took her to Gord. So she went to Pembina also. She could have been just as easily run over as it was right on one of our busiest roads Calgary Trail .

By the way both were reported to be doing very well, on Pembina

So now we just have yellow band male left at Weber. Would I have liked to see the others there , of course. But honestly, they were better off , at this point , at Pembina. It is a paradise there.

Yellow band was well fed and he flew so well. He loved to sit on the roof of the box, and he tormented the adutls LOl

here is a video I did on season at WEber . but then go to part 2. It gets very interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1mCvRt7dC0

« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 14:09 by bev. »

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #445 on: July 01, 2015, 23:26 »
A great slideshow, bev! Loved the chick that was face planted. LOL! :D

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #444 on: June 30, 2015, 17:49 »
we banded yesterday at WEber

there are 2 males and a female.  

they were so relaxed. well the kids were. Green was not as Docile as MIss Edmonton

the bander brought his hawk that he uses for airport patrol in his truck which I included and to end the party , a flock of pelicans flew over
here is a slideshow set to music it was a hazy day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8PJ6GnJ9JA&feature=youtu.be

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #443 on: June 28, 2015, 19:23 »
That is absolutely amazing that a goose could get in through those bars! :o

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #442 on: June 28, 2015, 13:47 »
the bars are to keep geese ou t but we had a goose go in this year. wanted to make it home. our peregrines prevailed

how it go t in there is beyond us becasue as we watched from ground it had trouble getting in. thye have been nesting anywhere they can find this year.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #441 on: June 27, 2015, 16:13 »
These little guys look like they're in prison, with those bars! LOL!   ;)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #440 on: June 27, 2015, 00:44 »
we are doing fine here. Green is learning and DO1 keeps track of what she is doing. It is cute to see.
She has trouble with the bars as she is big

the kids in last few days are going outside. thank goodness Gor d put up baby gates last yer. If hey go to roof too soon , they cannot get back and a good rain storm will drown them. Last year he kept going up and putting one back, as we had a lot of rain. this year we have lots of heat right  now.
Banding is on MONday

The folks at BIn 104, right across street think sh e should be named MS. Vinho Verde. they are a wine place that puts on a fund raiser every year for the falcons , for what Gord sees fit. bought cam year before last.

dad leaving after a feed. he is so methoodical

a few pictures from yesterday( Do1 feeds as Green preens, she eventually comes in and finishes feed)

Offline soaring west

• Chick
« Reply #439 on: June 12, 2015, 10:31 »
D01 stuffed them so good that Green Girl can not get them to eat...lol