Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

AB / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2009-18

<< < (63/100) > >>

carly:
Thanks for the update Bev!  I hope today is the day for Miss E to be a mom again!  Stay safe and keep us posted!

bev.:
Spent 6 hours here today and came home at 10pm

Watching for sign of chicks. I think maybe tomorrow because these 2 change  like clockwork and after one exchange and Miss Edmonton went in box, there was no exchange after 5 hours. The male left and came back and was still on letter when I left. 3 major storms passed through while I was there.
I am imaging in my mind and egg with a pip and possibly a crack. ;) ;)

Will go down and spend some time tomorrow also.

bev.:
I could not pinpoint exact day of full incubation becasue I had been away for a few days. So I am thinking any day now.

WE are gong down watching for them bringing food to box.

RCF:
When do expect a hatch bev?  :)

bev.:
Peter and I are monitoring clinical science  and WEber from the ground regularly because  of the ravens.

We were down there this afternoon. A merlin or coopers hawk landed on the  south  east corner of Weber building and was ushered out by the male.

Then a half hour later the male was still sitting on his letter and we were waiting for nest exchange. I then saw ,coming flying in, a female peregrine. I thought ,what is MIss Edmonton doing there. Not......It was an intruder . Dad chased after her and on her first time around building ,Miss Edmonton came out of box and started cacking and she chased after it also. Miss Edmonton then came back and sat on the W , and the  male pursued the female and chased it off. Peter saw it fly way north. The male then swooped a bit and then went into box. We are monitoring closely because we should soon have babies here. Hope the intruder got the message

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version