Author Topic: AB / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2009-18  (Read 81525 times)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Edmonton - Weber Building - 2011 / Weber & Miss Edmonton
« Reply #288 on: June 02, 2011, 16:20 »
I'm so glad that your downtown female has finally been located, bev. :D And with 4 eggs/2 chicks, no less! :-*

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #287 on: June 02, 2011, 15:05 »
Great news!!  Glad she was found and with little ones too!

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #286 on: June 02, 2011, 14:58 »
Downtown female

I jsut received and e-mail  from Gord and downtown female E4 has been located. I have just written back for permission to tell you the story and share pictures.

she is exactly where I showed Peter on MOnday night. the building is similar to the building the peregrines roost at in Ottawa , so when i got the e-mail I chuckled to myself. Peregrines are so different ,yet so much alike. Peter and were goint ot go walking around there on the weekend adn may still do that , but i am tickled pink. She has 4 eggs and 2 chicks so far.

he may put them in an article.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #285 on: June 01, 2011, 18:28 »
...My time is more limited this year with new doggies and new grandbaby.  ::) ::)(love both immensely)

As it should be, bev. ;) Enjoy them both. :-*

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #284 on: June 01, 2011, 12:20 »
Thanks, bev. :-* Yes, you had posted it on the Genesee board but I couldn't remember where. :-[ I had not realized that you were talking about 2 different transmitter birds. Sometimes hard to keep it all straight. :-[

I bolded what I am replying to.

I thought it was just me having a hard time keeping things straight. Monitoring 4 sites is hard work.

There will be a web cam here this year. they are testing it out this week.

Peter and I were down there on Monday night for 3.5 hours. You have to stay long sometimes to see what you want to see. I was making sure we still had 2 falocns. And we do. things are looking good . did I mention that she is sitting on 4 eggs??/

My time is more limited this year with new doggies and new grandbaby.  ::) ::)(love both immensely)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #283 on: May 29, 2011, 10:48 »
Thanks, bev. :-* Yes, you had posted it on the Genesee board but I couldn't remember where. :-[ I had not realized that you were talking about 2 different transmitter birds. Sometimes hard to keep it all straight. :-[

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #282 on: May 29, 2011, 09:14 »
ys, I thought I posted it but I will go and do that if I did not.

Our TR male at Gensse had his removed n Friday. there were also Dummy eggs at the box and so they put the original eggs back. He came back last year and this year and it caused all sorts of drama at the box, failed nest last year and this year it is turning out O.k. HOpefully the other male was not hurt.
some discussion about the transmitters throwing off their honing a bit . Miss Edmonton came back quite a bit earlier this year so we will see if Mr. Genesse does next year. go over an dread at Genesse.

So i am calling them Mr. and Mrs. Genesse

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #281 on: May 28, 2011, 16:41 »
Thanks for this info, bev. Much appreciated. :-* I do remember reading somwhere that Miss E was also called "Homeless". So now I know why. :) Is there also another bird in your neck of the woods who recently had a transmitter removed? :-\

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #280 on: May 28, 2011, 13:27 »
MIss Edmonton had a transmitter put on her in 2006 and they just removed it end of last year. she seemed to come back so much later and  now this year she was back almost 3 weeks earlier.

But they learned a lot from her.

Our biologists never name our falcons but they called her homeless when she lost the Clinical science site, and then I started calling her Transmitter girl when I would discuss her with them and they obliged me. And then, I named her Miss Edmonton, as she was my first falcon to watch here back in 2006. So they humor me .
The downtown falcon has been a great female . ( no name) She was born along a river bank in Alberta and it would be a shame to loose her. She may not have liked the Bell building because they had to move nest box from Telus last year, because of construction. Gord is checking out every place he can think of.
she may have lost her mate and is out scouting a new one. any number of things.

Still it is a blow.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #279 on: May 28, 2011, 10:49 »
Just to be clear, it is not Miss Edmonton that is missing , it is our falocn from downtown that has owned Edmonton for years. Appears to be a mystery.

I knew it wasn't Miss Edmonton who is missing, bev, because I know she is presently still incubating 4 eggs, but do you know who the downtown falcon was? Did he/she have a name? ??? Also, is Miss Edmonton also known as Transmitter Girl? Did she have a transmitter on her at one time? I thought I read that somewhere, but could be mistaken. :-\ With so many birds to keep track of, it can occasionally get confusing. :P

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #278 on: May 27, 2011, 21:45 »
I am upset about our falcon downtown going missing so I am keeping close watch on U of A and now I should keep watch at Weber better.

Gee, I hope they find your missing falcon, bev

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #277 on: May 27, 2011, 21:40 »
Just to be clear, it is not Miss Edmonton that is missing , it is our falocn from downtown that has owned Edmonton for years. Appears to be a mystery.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #276 on: May 27, 2011, 20:13 »
Sure hope your missing falcon will be spotted soon, bev.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #275 on: May 27, 2011, 19:06 »
Oh I hope E4 is found okay Bev.   :-\  Great news on Miss E though and the cam!

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #274 on: May 27, 2011, 16:58 »
Glad you're getting a cam bev.  I know you are excited, I certainly was when I found out we were getting one.