Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

AB / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2009-18

<< < (32/100) > >>

bev.:
Up until tonight we have only had one falcon that we believe is the same male as last year. but tonight we have our female and i believe it is Miss Edmonton. Miss Edmonton has her black band on her right leg and her silver on her left. this falcon  has her silver on her left and she is on her letter  ;) ;)
but i will have to have Gord do with his scope.  I think Peter and I will splurge on a getter lens. I think that may be better than a scope. Not sure.

when we got there the female was at nest box and male on letter on east side. She then flew off and our camera jammed  >:( >:(. she flew to west side where we got a few good shots and I really think this is her.  you will see her silver band on her left leg ( but will have to positively Id , but I knowThey usually put silver on right but when she was rehabilitated Gord switched bands

female at box                                   male on east side

Smiles tonight. It has been such a rough season at a lot of sites I was watching, and then cams go up and I did not know what to think  Peter is setting up things on new computer so I am working quicker now. but some things are not here yet.

Elaine L:
I dropped in here on my way home from the University tonight, and did not see any falcons.  It would have been nice to have a positive ending to the evening, but no such luck.  I think Bev and Peter plan on coming down here tomorrow, if they can, so I hope they have better luck.

bev.:
Not to worry Elaine. at this time of year , they scope the are a lot , so we will keep checking

Elaine L:
Gosh, Bev, no sign of the female?  I wish I had had a zoom camera so I could have got a good picture on Monday.  I am pretty sure, based on (my limited) past experience, that this was Miss Edmonton.  Anyway, I sure hope that whoever she is, she has not disappeared.

bev.:
Peter and I were there for a few hours last night and only saw one falcon. We think it is the male from last year.  he was on the west side of Weber on the R . He does sit there occasionally. We will go down agian in next few days. We saw no signs of food on signs , or below.

It was cold and windy but one good thing came out of it, we found a new place to eat. Right across the street.

I sure hope my girl is back. I am looking at her on my wall right now. Gord gave Peter a pciture of her and the male form Clinical for me for Christmas. I have a wall of peregrines.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version