Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

QC / Montréal - l'Université de Montréal - 2009-19

<< < (38/56) > >>

carly:

--- Quote from: Kinderchick on May 09, 2010, 14:52 ---
--- Quote from: carly on May 07, 2010, 19:37 ---Tragic news here tonight.  Polly has stolen one of the babies and they thiink she has consumed it.  Eve has posted on her blog tonight that she went to search for it thinking perhaps it had fallen and was somehow still alive.
My god, what will happen now.  Will she go after the other two?!
--- End quote ---
Oh my goodness, this is a tragedy!  :'( Is Polly not able to hunt for food herself?! ???

--- End quote ---

Yes she can apparently now hunt for herself.  She's not taking her parents ignoring her for new silblings well though it seems.

Kinderchick:

--- Quote from: carly on May 07, 2010, 19:37 ---Tragic news here tonight.  Polly has stolen one of the babies and they thiink she has consumed it.  Eve has posted on her blog tonight that she went to search for it thinking perhaps it had fallen and was somehow still alive.
My god, what will happen now.  Will she go after the other two?!
--- End quote ---
Oh my goodness, this is a tragedy!  :'( Is Polly not able to hunt for food herself?! ???

Elaine L:
I just got on my computer after being busy all weekend with my upcoming move, and I am so upset to read this.  The last time I looked on Friday afternoon, everything seemed so serene and peaceful, and now this.  This is just awful.  Eve has not posted anything further about the situation since Polly took the chick. 

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: carly on May 08, 2010, 19:06 ---SGB got some good shots of a feeding.  Spirit is now keeping the prey with her in the nestbox instead of taking it out.  Polly was in earlier terrorizing her and she seems nervous now, she lost her balance and fell on one of the babies but it looks okay.  Photos here:

http://www.peregrinefalcon-bcaw.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=480&p=59146#p59146
--- End quote ---

Keep in mind that the chicks have had their parents "on" them and while they look fragile, they really are pretty tough, even at an early age ... the chick is probably just fine.

bev.:
I am wondering if she took it to eat or to raise. I just cannot get my head around her eating it.

I have a message into Gord and Helen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version