Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

AB / Warburg - Genesee Plant - 2009-18

<< < (120/127) > >>

bev.:
the best times to put on a transmitter is when they are hard   into incubating and when they band.
that way they know the falcons are committed to the site and it makes it easier. Not that it is easy.

carly:
Never had any doubts that they knew what they were doing..well other than their sanity..lol!  Just hard to imagine anyone capturing an adult falcon..not exactly the most 'social' and touchy, feely birds if you know what I mean.  I don't expect you can walk right up to them and say 'hey have I got a deal for you, look at this Ronco transmitter, yours for only 19.99!!'..lol  You know what I mean, just hard to get a photo in my mind of catching a wild falcon... but I guess if there are no young to protect yet then maybe a lot easier to entice them!

bev.:
What TPC said is right. These biologists know what they are doing. they were thinking of trapping the male at the WEber and banding him,  and I am glad that they have not as yet. Especially after the dispute on Friday.
Miss E was fitted with a transmitter as an adult also.

bcbird:
I remember that attempt!  We all wondered why she kept looking down from the nest box.  Was it at Cassie's banding, and they were using Cassie as bait to get her to come close?  She's street smart, that Radisson, not much of a housekeeper, but very street smart!
(I know I'm not on the U of A site, but just following the above conversation)

eagle63_1999:
yeah radisson will win every time lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version