Author Topic: AB / Warburg - Genesee Plant - 2009-18  (Read 86149 times)

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: Genesse - Capital Power - 2010 / ? & ?
« Reply #290 on: June 14, 2010, 14:19 »
Oh, I sure hope the adults are o.k. with this sudden family of three!  No sign of them yet, but I think it is very likely, from what I saw at Genesee last weekend, that they are very close by, and watching carefully to make sure the humans do not return.  If they accept the chicks, that would be thrilling!

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #289 on: June 14, 2010, 14:14 »
Nolw the hard part..waiting for an adult to show up and I hope they are okay with it!!

Offline Shocka88

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #288 on: June 14, 2010, 14:14 »
Wow, and look at the age of them.......can't wait to hear the story........hurry Bev!!!  :o ;D

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #287 on: June 14, 2010, 14:11 »
Yay Three chicks now!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline msdolittle

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #286 on: June 14, 2010, 14:10 »
never mind a chick .. there are 3!!!

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #285 on: June 14, 2010, 14:06 »
Well, well, well!  We have a chick at Genesee!  And some prey, conveniently left by the biologist (I presume) at the nestbox!

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #284 on: June 14, 2010, 08:33 »
Thanks bev,  Very intriguing, I'll be checking the cam around noon.  :)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #283 on: June 13, 2010, 23:12 »
there are 3 falcons we believe. 

the 3 nests are from same female ,or maybe there is another female . If same female, the nests could have been from m first male ,and then TR male came back.

It is very confusing right now and hopefully tomorrow I can share more but watch the cam about noon.
And not  a dumb question, as it is anyone's  guess right now.

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #282 on: June 13, 2010, 20:30 »
This is probably a dumb question, but how many falcons are at Genesse if there are three nests?   I only read you have seen three birds.  ???
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 22:49 by Rapidcitymbfan »

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #281 on: June 13, 2010, 19:36 »
Well we have some developments here.  I do not know how much I can share with you, as I did not ask, but I will give you what I think I can right now.  Peter and I have been going out and trying to figure out what is happening here. A guard at Genesse has been watching also.  I did not realize I had not written a report last week, sorry.

WE did see 3 falcons. 2 out over pond and Peter said they seemed to be wing touching. I was keeping my eye on the other one.   We did see a falcon on a light at top of  same tower as nest box.  We did see a falocn go into a vent on first building.   and there a lots of hawks. I did e-mail biologists and they have been getting feedback from plant also.

so since I forgot to ask  how much I can share ,I will give you a tidbit for now  The falcons have 3 nests under vents. This is not good, as if chicks hatch they will be sucked up and then......You guess from there.  So action is being taken tomorrow. I had a meeting on Friday , we discussed this matter and a few others .I will ask  tomorrow what I can tell about the action but  I will say to watch your cams at about noon tomorrow.(Edmonton time)

Here are some pictures form last week. Only 2 have birds in  as we saw mostly hawks and most of our pictures got blurry before you could see the falocn, so I have drawn arrows  around things so you can see what I am talking about.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 10:28 by bev. »

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #280 on: June 12, 2010, 13:21 »
I will be coming here later tonight to post some happenings. and developments.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #279 on: June 07, 2010, 20:58 »
Thanks for all the updates, bev, Peter and Elaine!  :D Sure does keep you busy! ;)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 13:22 by Kinderchick »

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #278 on: June 07, 2010, 17:04 »
thanks Elaine.
 Peter will be downloading camera tonight. I will have to learn how to do that.
when we were on the hill  the second  time and I said look at the tower and Peter figured it was nothing, well when we looked at camera later it was  falcon on the light thing
we do think it was 2 falcons and a hawk, now.

Adn when we went back to the road and I had Peter take a picture of box, it was because I thought something was in it. It was a falcon. that was the one that flew under that awning on building.

This is really a puzzle this year. I have an e-mail in to see if TR male is still tracking. I will have to

wait as they are out in field .

It is such a nice area for them.

If they do not nest , I think hawks could be the problem. so many this year. Way more than last year.

I will post pictures tonight. these are far away ones but I will circle what we saw.

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #277 on: June 07, 2010, 09:47 »
Bev, Peter and I went to Genesee yesterday afternoon to check out the situation with the falcons.  We scrutinized the whole area, particularly the side of the tower where the nestbox is located.  Bev and I eventually spotted two falcons, one that left the top of the tower and flew off towards the water, the other off in the distance over the water, and later Peter saw what he figured were three falcons, off over the water.  He saw them fighting, but it was really hard to say if these were three falcons fighting, or two falcons fighting with a hawk, as there are many hawks out there, along with ravens, magpies and crows.  There was no way of getting closer to confirm, as the power plant takes up a large territory and has many no trespassing signs.  We did not see any evidence of eggs or any mating activites, but it is still not too late.  Bev will likely report later, with pictures.

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #276 on: June 05, 2010, 12:33 »
Thanks Bev  :)