Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

AB / Warburg - Genesee Plant - 2009-18

<< < (46/127) > >>

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: bev. on May 09, 2011, 20:51 ---HI TPC.

I had sent in the bands to biologists and I think they forgot to reply. It is   so busy around here.
WE know it is TR male and I am sure same female from last year but I will get them to confirm.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Bev - when it comes to band numbers, I have so many of them running around my head that I always check  ;)

bev.:
HI TPC.

I had sent in the bands to biologists and I think they forgot to reply. It is   so busy around here.
WE know it is TR male and I am sure same female from last year but I will get them to confirm.

bev.:
so far the TR male is doing great . He is incubating  and doing his share. Sometimes the female leaves for about 4 0r 5 minutes and eggs are alone but it is warm here today.  I saw him incubate 4 times today. I can not be here all the time

Yesterday Peter and I went out to Genesse for a few hours. They gave us a better and safer place to view but we are still quite a ways off. We are not allowed in compound. We did look around the whole outside area for the other male. I found a big pile of fluff and feathers and my heart sank, until we saw some of the feathers had blue in them. Peter said probably a duck.

While there we saw the male perched above box , so now you know where he perches and why you see her look up. when he flies off he calls.
He flew off after we were there for an hour and flew and soar around the area and then was back. We went to several different vantage points and saw no other falocns. Some hawks and crows and little birds.

then he flew down onto front perch. She flew off and he went in. She flew  onto roof corner of an adjacent  building. After 7 minutes the male came on perch, and flew off to north east and she flew down and up to perch of nest box. Then he made his way in and she waited till he landed on his perch and then she went in.

We had to leave but when I see this site, I wish all our falocns were as lucky to be out in the country like this

A slideshow. Pictures are tiny but it will give you an idea of what they do. -

The Peregrine Chick:
Hey Bev,

In your slideshow (which is tres cool), the bird in slide 291 has what looks like a black band and the image looks almost clear enough to get a band number ... do we have identities on your pair here this year?

Kinderchick:

--- Quote from: bev. on May 07, 2011, 19:48 ---Yesterday I saw Tr male spend brief time with eggs but today I saw him stay 3 minutes and  incubate. Good sign.
--- End quote ---

That is a good sign, bev. And great slideshow, by the way! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version