Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

AB / Warburg - Genesee Plant - 2009-18

<< < (38/127) > >>

bev.:
I forgot to post here that the young fella kicked an egg out, there were 3 there. they retrieved egg and it was one of the ones that was viable and it had gone full term. Just did not hatch out.  So the remaining egg is not viable and never was.  This young man is 36 days old today but he is strong and well fed and has been lots of wing exercise and fly hopping back and forth between nest box and wrungs.  He may go tomorrow.

Elaine L:
Our young guy here actually took off just now from the nestbox, but returned immediately.  I think he scared himself.  It will not be long now, though, for this fine-looking young falcon; I believe his parents are encouraging him to come out and get some food from "over here".

Ellie:
Just read through your season here.  Such drama when TR male arrived late.  And the same last year.  Stressful for the birds as well as you folks.  So glad at least one egg hatched and there is a chick in this nest.  Also very happy that the Transmitter has been removed.  Now maybe Mr & Mrs. Genesse can have a better 2012 spring.  Hopefully the fledge of this one chick will go well.

Elaine L:
Hi, Kinderchick, I, too, expected the parents to remove the egg, as this is what they usually do.  Perhaps there is some reason the parents don't want to remove it; something we could understand, I think, if we were peregrines!

Kinderchick:
What a sweet photo, Elaine. :-* Since the other egg didn't hatch, I'm surprised it's still there in the nest. Don't the parents usually remove the eggs that aren't viable? :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version