Author Topic: U of Alberta - 2008 / Damon & Radisson  (Read 177869 times)

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
Re: U of Alberta - 2008 / Damon & Radisson
« Reply #829 on: August 06, 2008, 23:07 »
No it wasn't just you, I couldn't get on for a long while either. 

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #828 on: August 06, 2008, 22:29 »
Just a few shots and you can see she does that kick on the outside perch backwards.  Wow What a kid !!
maybe there was not a delivery but she was eating an dnow she is cacking on the inside perch
Just like mom

Look at this cool move!!

o.k. guys I think I have proved myself

Well ,you could help you know

« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 22:32 by bev. »

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #827 on: August 06, 2008, 22:20 »
I could not get on until now either Carly

I think I just missed a food drop.  I could see her cacking and looking all around and then the phone rang. I thought she was tucked in for the night and then she goes out on the perch again. Yup she has a bird. she is in right corner now dressing it down

I will post a few pictures in a minute. I just wanted to make sure I could get in first

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #826 on: August 06, 2008, 21:28 »
I just love the kick she does with her foot
I actually think it's more of a girly girl move, like, this anklet is so cool.  
Mind you I don't watch football.

Whew, what a tease that girl is, another lovely wing flap display.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #825 on: August 06, 2008, 21:23 »
Holy moly, got kicked off this site and haven't been able to get back on for awhile.  Is it just me?? 

Cassie is looking good, I'm watching her look around and spread her wings once in awhile...isn't she just beautiful!

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #824 on: August 06, 2008, 20:20 »
I was so surprised when I came on tonight, to see her sitting on the outside bar.  Wow, she's come a long way fast!  I just know I'm going to miss the fledge this weekend.   :(  And if I don't, since my laptop is still kaput, I prob won't be taking it with me on holiday (unless it's ready by then) so can't watch during the day from Ontario.  Rats! 

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #823 on: August 06, 2008, 20:12 »
I e-mailed Lisa at the university and asked her to put on the site .anyone interested in helping with a fledge watch, to contact her and I would take care of the rest.  I have never heard back.

That's pretty shocking.  You'd think they'd take all the help they can get!  Glad TPC is of a different mindset.   :) 

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #822 on: August 06, 2008, 20:10 »
and thanks from me too.. can't access any cameras at work or we set off nuclear war or something..

LOL -- you and me both, loriann.  I guess that's what I get for working in a top secret facility!   :P

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #821 on: August 06, 2008, 19:45 »
Parent was just on roof?!  Fresh food delivery  ;D ;D  Looks like mom is in the house !

Was there food and it was quick??  It looked like mom ate some and Cassie didn't get too much but did you see her run to the very end of the bars and spread her wings...there she goes again right on the edge...holy  :o :o  and it's 7 pm...I knew it!!  It's witching hour for peregrines!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 20:03 by carly »

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #820 on: August 06, 2008, 19:43 »
I haven't seen mom or dad but I thought I saw her munching on something awhile ago, not sure if it was leftover from before or new.  She's pretty calm though so she must have eaten or she's learning patience  ::)

I love the kick too ..hehe..it's very original  :D

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #819 on: August 06, 2008, 19:41 »
I just love the kick she does with her foot

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #818 on: August 06, 2008, 19:36 »
I just got home but have to cut the lawn. I figure I better get it done as I ma going to devote a lot to the girl now.  I already informed my husband that no work will get done now until she fledges.

the female last year fledged at 4 in the afternoon.  I was out observing all day and I just turned on the computer and she flapped her wings , went up on the roof and poof.  I will tell you, that i just made a B line back down there,in rush hour traffic, and it was not long before my husband and I spotted her. She was very strong and i think it was because she waited .

the show is just beginning and if you wear a pace maker be careful ;D ;D

Has she had a drop of food since she went out there .

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #817 on: August 06, 2008, 17:49 »
I am going to play a bit of WOW, I usually do when I come home from work but i"m afriad to miss anything..hehe.  I'll keep her up and just alt tab back and forth...she seems calm now so might be a good time. 

I'm not sure if all peregrines are on same time clock but out here around 7 pm in the evening they seem to get really crazy and gave us all heart palpitations around that time.  It's only 5 ish there so I figure I've got 2 hours til she gets hyper again  ;D

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #816 on: August 06, 2008, 17:40 »
I was out briefly, and missed the show on the bars.  Thanks for the pictures, Bev.  She looks innocent and calm at the moment.  The markings on her head and face are becoming much more well defined.  She is becoming more and more striking looking.
Oh..... fabulous show of wings, but just settled back on the ledge.
She is looking about intently, no doubt watching some flybys of adults.  

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #815 on: August 06, 2008, 17:30 »
True, one is easier to train than 4, they can devote all their attention to her.  But like you said, it's beyond our control and I was thinking the same thing, it will depend on the parents too.  No touch and go's yet either so that's a good sign they're being patient - those make me really nervous..lol! 

One thing's for sure, she's got a lot of surrogate moms out here looking over her =p  I hope she goes later too but that's me being selfish  :D