Author Topic: U of Alberta - 2008 / Damon & Radisson  (Read 177673 times)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: U of Alberta - 2008 / Damon & Radisson
« Reply #964 on: August 09, 2008, 16:09 »
Looks like someone may have discovered her own reflection in the window; who is that beautiful bird I see before me.. ;D

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #963 on: August 09, 2008, 15:27 »
The sun is moving now so she will have shade soon, actually you can see a bit of shady area on the rooftop now.  Boy she's Radisson's daughter alright..hehe..stubborn, I 'm not going til I'm ready!!  ;D

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #962 on: August 09, 2008, 15:06 »
She must really like her high perch with great view - would be a nice 'jumping off' point if she did decide to go. Hope it's cooling off a bit now that it's later in the day!  :-\

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #961 on: August 09, 2008, 14:03 »
Well I have to say I'm surprised she's staying up on that roof in the hot sun, usually now she'd be in her box hiding from the sun.  She has been munching on her lunch again and alternating between that and jumping up to the webcam to flap her wings. 

she keeps looking at that other roof top and I'm not sure but mom or dad may be on the ledge at the other end.  I can see something that looks like it may be another bird

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #960 on: August 09, 2008, 12:39 »
She just flew up this morning Bally, we were watching her and zoom up she went just like that. 

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #959 on: August 09, 2008, 12:35 »
Whew, some excitement so soon today!!  :o...Wish it wasn't so hot there, same here in Wpg.  ::) I wonder how Cassie got up there??  I had no idea how many big buildings were so closeby til I saw your pictures the other day Bev - that flat roof beside looks like a good place to land on a first try though. 8) Good luck on your Fledge Watch trip Bev - but hope she decides to wait a couple more days!  :)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #958 on: August 09, 2008, 12:26 »
Holy!  Mom zoomed in quick and left quite the lunch for her...wow!  Good, she has to stay hydrated in this heat.  She's so cute when she throws a tantrum..that Radison really knows how far to push her.. ::) ::)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #957 on: August 09, 2008, 12:23 »
Oh she's upset now, cacking her heart out, wings spread..it must be hot up there.  I guess she doesn't know how to get back down or she's afraid to.

At least we know Bev is down there somewhere, makes me feel better.

Offline JL

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #956 on: August 09, 2008, 12:23 »
Welcome back Dee, hope you had a nice trip...ooops, here comes the shovel!  :o

Offline JL

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #955 on: August 09, 2008, 12:20 »
 ;D lol Carly...Timmy do offer sausage/bacon sandwiches.  I think she's a protein girl.  I'll have to leave for the dentist in a short while here; I'm hoping I don't miss her fledge either. 

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #954 on: August 09, 2008, 12:01 »
Hehe..no doubt or Bev's running by with an egg mcmuffin for her  :D 

Have a safe trip bcbird! 

* I just noticed there is something on the roof.  Had to take my glasses off to see it but maybe it is food?  Hard to tell or it's the reflection of the cam. She's getting hot too, spreading her wings out a bit.  If I was her, i'd head for that rootop, not much shade but at least she can run around and it won't be so hot on the talons.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 12:15 by carly »

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #953 on: August 09, 2008, 11:57 »
She is very intent on that lower roof, she must see her breakfast waiting for her.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #952 on: August 09, 2008, 11:54 »
I'm guessing they havent' fed her and they're going to try to make her go but they won't let her dehydrate. 

I've been studying the migration logs from last year here and the peak migration for peregrines was on September 15th (that's for the juvies) so they only have about 5 weeks less a few days to teach her to fly and hunt and survive on her own before she beings her trip.

It's enough time but the sooner she's in the air the sooner they can start her training. 

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #951 on: August 09, 2008, 11:47 »
We only have two hours to drive to the cabin so I get to check in this am.  No idea about feeding, but Bev should be there watching and would know.  Oh, look at her cacking on that cam.  Obviously parents close by.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #950 on: August 09, 2008, 10:45 »
I'm back!  She's still on the cam!  Did they feed her at all?

« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 11:03 by carly »