Author Topic: U of Alberta - 2008 / Damon & Radisson  (Read 178399 times)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: U of Alberta - 2008 / Damon & Radisson
« Reply #274 on: July 08, 2008, 18:44 »
Excellent shot!  Of coure when I change views I never see the male..hmmm..might be a pattern there, men hiding when I'm around  :D

Offline skygirlblue

• Phanatic
  • Chick
    • Bird Cams Around the World forum
« Reply #273 on: July 08, 2008, 18:29 »
I just took this one...I've got to learn how to do thumbnails...

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #272 on: July 08, 2008, 18:03 »
Thanks Tracy for that info, I had wondered why she was doing those headstands - they're cool to watch but honestly I've never seen anyone do that before and wondered what the heck is she trying to do ???

She certainly has Princess's devotion to her chick too.  She seems to have inherited the best of both her parents.  Good Manitoba genes as you pointed out earlier  ;D

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #271 on: July 08, 2008, 17:27 »
Just for clarification, the face plants / head stands is Radisson (and Dad??) doing some housecleaning.  If its Radisson, no doubt about it, she's her Daddy's Girl!!  :D

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #270 on: July 08, 2008, 16:46 »
Wow..quick cuddle and steps out for 2 seconds and lunch is served!  I wonder if dad dropped that off?  I hope dad's okay - haven't spotted him today anytime I looked today.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #269 on: July 08, 2008, 16:43 »
Mom has stepped out now and baby is standing up quite well on his/her own. And she's back...must have gone for a quick stretch.  Baby looks expectantly at mom for food no doubt.  Time for a cuddle now.  I must say mom certainly makes up for a lack of siblings, she's extremely affectionate with the little one.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #268 on: July 08, 2008, 16:13 »
Paging Trey, paging Trey...cleanup in Nestbox Radisson please  ;D  Lol..sorry I couldn't resist.  At least baby has a selection of pillows  :D :D 

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #267 on: July 08, 2008, 15:42 »
Mom has been sitting on the edge of the nest box sunning herself while chick napped.  Now chickie is stirring a bit, but Mom just continues her gaze out, with an occasional backward glance at junior.  Some great views of Radisson's head and watchful eyes up close to the cam!
Looks like the nest box has become littered again. 

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #266 on: July 08, 2008, 11:54 »
Awww..she's doing the face plant thingie...soo cute as mama watches over her  :)

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #265 on: July 08, 2008, 09:37 »
Yeah I don't get refreshed shots either so am grateful for the pictures that you are posting Bev :)

Offline msdolittle

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #264 on: July 08, 2008, 09:21 »
Just a few morning shots.  I is almost as if mom is talking to chick

Those are great.  I can never get refreshed pictures so I'm always glad to see pictures posted. 
Female has left again . Maybe hungry and ants her turn to eat.  Chick is lying on the egg but that darn half prey is still there. 

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #263 on: July 08, 2008, 09:04 »
Hehe..I thought the same thing about mom talking to her little one!  I wish she had a sibling too but mom is being good and she lets her lean up against her breast alot.  I was wondering about the 'meal' as well, first I thought nah it's probably a wing like last time until I saw a foot sticking out :-X

I saw a feeding last night before I went to bed and her little crop was so full she fell over..so we don't have to worry that she's not eating enough that's for sure  :D

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #262 on: July 08, 2008, 08:32 »
Just a few morning shots.  I is almost as if mom is talking to chick

Female has left again . Maybe hungry and ants her turn to eat.  Chick is lying on the egg but that darn half prey is still there. 

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #261 on: July 08, 2008, 08:26 »
I still am puzzled why some of you are not getting refreshed images.  I wish I could get there and figure it out for you.

We are having a lot of rain.  Yesterday we had a sunny but cooler day but had rain in the evening . today it a cool morning and we are expecting periods of rain for the rest of the week

A few pictures from yesterday

She /he is doing well an dis moving around a lot. something in my heart wishes she had a sibling to keep her company.
A few pictures of her different poses and one of the male babysitting and of course a feed.

this morning when I checked in I found the F with the chick and the prey at centre nest.  I must have missed a feed and I am thinking she is waiting for the male before she takes the prey out(as is her pattern) as it is cooler to leave the chick . Remember I am not a biologist, I am just surmising by normal patterns

so as I am typing F leaves with one half of prey and chick is alone but has a good crop. what do I know :) :) Now an adult just appeared and is on inside perch looking in . this is mom
Chick is making its was over to mom she is still on the perch(I call the ledge of the box an inside perch in case you are wondering)

Well she did take out half of the prey and my guess is it is killing her to leave that other half there and it will be gone before long
I think the chick is in front of her now

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #260 on: July 07, 2008, 17:25 »
She is a cute ball of fluff..or he is..guess we'll have to wait a few more weeks to find that out!  She's my new desktop pal, the guy who sits behind me at work thinks I've lost my mind because I'm always cooing to her.. ;D