Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Toronto - Mount Sinai Hospital - 2009-21

<< < (3/11) > >>

Alison:

--- Quote from: The Peregrine Chick on May 01, 2010, 12:12 ---Are "they" still thinking its Windwhistler and Wind?

--- End quote ---

Nothing has been mentioned . . . no definite I.D. so far.

The Peregrine Chick:
Are "they" still thinking its Windwhistler and Wind?

Alison:
The peregrines weren't seen for a few days, but they are still around:

They’re still here
April 28, 2010 - Toronto - Mount Sinai Hospital

Linda Woods Reports:

After numerous days of not seeing any peregrine activity, today was more positive.

10:45 a.m. male peregrine seen flying in the area south of the hospital. It eventually came to rest on the south facing ledges with prey in it’s talons. After making my way to a higher viewing area, I could clearly see the female in the ‘nesting ledge” The same area as previous reports.  I also discovered a food stash on a ledge of Princess Margaret Hospital.  I continued to observe for another hour with no movement from the nesting female.

So I guess they were there the entire time. Sneaky.

carly:
We would all be beside ourselves if it's Windwhistler and the fact that Linda mentions it makes me wonder if she doesn't think it is him.  He'd be 12 years old now ...I've always wanted to meet the infamous bigamous male - he'd be chuffed to know that there's another one at the site where he was born at.  Must be something in the pigeon's there I'm thinking  ::)

They still talk about him at every fledge.  Last year Bruce told me that he had to be rescued 6 times when he fledged and they thought at the time that he'd never make it.  Then 2 years later he shows up as the male at two sites..he's a legend here!

Alison:
From the CPF site today:

Linda Woods Reports:

Male seen flying over University Ave south of College St around the noon hour today. He may have just handed the nest over to the female. It is unconfirmed, but I think the female may still be Wind. It would be wonderful if the male is still Windwhistler.  Incubation continues.

Good news that Wind may still be the female here. Linda knows Wind well, so if she thinks it is her, I expect she is right. I agree it would be wonderful if Windwhistler is still there too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version