Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Toronto - King Street - 2008-15

<< < (10/22) > >>

allikat:

--- Quote from: carly on July 05, 2009, 08:05 ---Just wanted to follow up on the King St nest after the fact.  Remember how the chicks were all born so many days apart and the last one a week later?  Well I had a chance to speak to Linda about it - she is the one who looks after this site and she confirmed that the female started heavy incubation immediately after she laid her first egg!  She said she had never seen anything like that in all her years of observing nest sites.  She thinks it was due to the weather being so cold especially at night and the site being so exposed to the elements that may have prompted this behaviour.  That would certainly explain the delay between hatchings.

The good news is they have all done well and fledged successfully, even little Spec.   :-*

--- End quote ---
That's great news Carly.... ;D

kittenface:
GREAT NEWS

carly:
Just wanted to follow up on the King St nest after the fact.  Remember how the chicks were all born so many days apart and the last one a week later?  Well I had a chance to speak to Linda about it - she is the one who looks after this site and she confirmed that the female started heavy incubation immediately after she laid her first egg!  She said she had never seen anything like that in all her years of observing nest sites.  She thinks it was due to the weather being so cold especially at night and the site being so exposed to the elements that may have prompted this behaviour.  That would certainly explain the delay between hatchings.

The good news is they have all done well and fledged successfully, even little Spec.   :-*

The Peregrine Chick:
I've moved the original message to a new Detroit thread so that we don't get folks confused - lost chicks always tend to make for some confusion!  Thanks for the infor though Carly!!

--- Quote from: carly on June 26, 2009, 17:44 ---Sad news about a King St alumni and her young, she's nesting in Detroit the past 5 years:

Mark Nash Reports:
Some bad news from Detroit Mic. USA regarding Miriam and her new family.

Karianne reports: - We have had an unfortunate turn of events at one of our nest sites here in Detroit (yes Miriams nest - banded  (blk 89/H)).  I went to check on the three chicks yesterday and the nest was empty, the chicks were healthy/strong and approximately 10 days old (all three disappeared at the same time).  Miriam and Allegro have been successfull nesters for 5 years now, never once loosing a chick.  We fear that possibly they were taken!

I wonder who took them  :'(

--- End quote ---

Alison:
On the ledge at King Street this afternoon:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version