Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Toronto - King Street - 2008-15

(1/22) > >>

Alison:
2015 NESTING SEASON

The great Windwhistler, who has been the resident male at this site for so many years, has been displaced. Some time in January, a new male appeared on the nest ledge. It is not known what happened to Windwhistler, but as far as I know there have been no sightings of this iconic tiercel, seventeen years old this year.

Windwhistler's lifetime mate Erin, also seventeen years old this year, is still the resident female at the nest.

The new male is Stormin, one of Windwhistler's grandsons. He is a son of Rhea Mae and Tiago at the Sheraton nest.

Stormin was displaced last year from his previous nest site, which he shared with his mate, Haven.

So far, Erin has shown little or no interest in Stormin. Lately I have seen him bringing her food gifts, and she has been accepting them.

I doubt that there will be eggs this year.I think it would be too much to ask of a seventeen year old falcon who has just recently lost her mate.

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/Web_Cams/TorontoKingSt/index.htm

Baffled:
I happened to be in Toronto last week, so I detoured to King Street and was able to see the adult on the nest ledge by peering up from street level. So nice to see a falcon "in the wild," rather than over webcam!

I wonder why the adults have left the non-viable eggs in the nest? Maybe because the ledge is so big they don't really notice them anymore?

carly:
2014 NESTING SEASON

Still waiting on a hatch here for Erin and Windwhistler.  They were only a day or two behind Sheraton so hatch is expected any time now.

Kinderchick:
The King Street webcam just went live yesterday and it has been reported that there may have been a hatch already. :D

bcbird:
Whew!  Your pefa private investigators in the big smoke would seem to be relentless in the pursuit of truth in twisted family relationships over the decade.

We phanatics have certainly appreciated all the details and drama you have shared, Carly!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version