Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Hamilton - Sheraton Hotel - 2008-21

<< < (56/68) > >>

bev.:
Boy, am I disorganized this year. :( i have never missed a banding at Hamilton. One year we were teasing them because they had a Hortons coffee cup on the ledge. Now you know they were not going to drink it.

carly:
Holy Moly, huge girls, even the boy is a good weight!!!

June 2, 2008: Everyone, meet Dixon, Durand, Gleig and Strathcona! Our chicks were retrieved from the nest ledge today by climber John Millar, assisted by Chris Phinney. They were named after two former Falconwatchers, Len Dixon and Don Gleig, and two of the historic Hamilton neighbourhoods the Peregrines use regularly for food trips, and will use soon for training flights. The birds were banded by Anne Yagi of the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources (OMNR). As we expected based on the birds' sizes from the video camera, we have three females and one male, all VERY healthy. Dixon, who weighed in at 690g, is the only male. Strathcona (1014g) and Durand (1040g) are big but Gleig (1049g) is, we believe, the largest Sheraton Hamilton chick ever banded

carly:
3 girls and 1 boy here as per Sarah from Hamilton, she just updated CPF site.  No names mentioned but I'm sure they'll update their site soon!

carly:
Yes takes alot of courage to rapel down a building and face a female falcon  ;D.  Madame X is back again, on edge near kinds looking up and no doubt telling him what she thinks of it all  ;D

She's a beauty isn't she  :-*

maggieblue:
Wow, was that guy ever brave.  :o Rapelling down to that tiny ledge and having to deal with the adult right there.  I see two little faces and the adult still keeping an eye on the roof, probably making sure that the evil humans have left.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version