Manitoba Peregrines > Other Peregrine Sightings in Manitoba

Out-n-About in Manitoba - 2021

<< < (2/7) > >>

RCF:
Thank you!

Seeing Princess still coming back from migration, which is amazing by the way, makes me wonder if Hurricane is still out there somewhere!  :-*

Just wishful thinking!   :)

--- Quote from: The Peregrine Chick on July 11, 2021, 09:43 ---Related  but a little off-topic ...

RCF reminded me of the long overdue need to set up family trees for our most successful and iconic birds - like Princess of course, but others as well.  Hurricane & Phoebe in Brandon were rockstars in their own right - their legacy can be seen across Manitoba and Saskatchewan. Jules and Jolicoeur here in Winnipeg too - the first made it tough for herself by choosing horrible nestsites but still succeeded.  The latter made a "what are you doing?" nestsite into a solid foundation for her dynasty.  And the boys - can't forget the boys ...

So thank you to RCF for reminding me of the need for these - they will take sometime, but I think they might make a nice (if somewhat belated) Christmas gift for all of you who have followed their lives and stories all these years.

--- End quote ---

The Peregrine Chick:
Related  but a little off-topic ...

RCF reminded me of the long overdue need to set up family trees for our most successful and iconic birds - like Princess of course, but others as well.  Hurricane & Phoebe in Brandon were rockstars in their own right - their legacy can be seen across Manitoba and Saskatchewan. Jules and Jolicoeur here in Winnipeg too - the first made it tough for herself by choosing horrible nestsites but still succeeded.  The latter made a "what are you doing?" nestsite into a solid foundation for her dynasty.  And the boys - can't forget the boys ...

So thank you to RCF for reminding me of the need for these - they will take sometime, but I think they might make a nice (if somewhat belated) Christmas gift for all of you who have followed their lives and stories all these years.

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: ballywing on July 10, 2021, 23:32 ---TPC, just read your blog and could not believe it - thrilled and overwhelmed with emotion- Our fabulous Princess alive and well - Thanks to all those who saved her.  :-*  - There may be others who have taken over her domain, but she will always be the Queen of the Radisson.   8) http://www.species-at-risk.mb.ca/pefa/blog/  ;D

--- End quote ---

This is a copy of Ballywing's post from the 2021 Radisson Board  ~ TPC

photosbydennis:
Princess…a Special Bird with her Own Gallery.
Only seemed fitting…must say the release was a bit emotional & joyful to see her fly off.
Her Gallery Link can be found here… https://pbase.com/photosbydennis/peregrines_2021

MayShowers:
That's amazing that Princess came back to us for a visit.  She truly is a remarkable falcon.  So happy especially for you Tracy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version