Manitoba Peregrines > McKenzie Seeds Peregrines

McKenzie Seeds - 2020 / Wingo Starr & Hurricane

<< < (22/26) > >>

birdbrain:
So much happening right now!  It amazes me how they manage to come back all that way, and consistently close to the same dates.  Thanks for the pictures and updates.

RCF:
Well, it's still early yet and Hurricane isn't really late. ;)

The Peregrine Chick:
There are chicks from the Saskatoon nest that don't get banded, could be one of them ... or one of the few we haven't been able to band ... or a lady who's origins will remain a mystery ...

Gotta love the spring!  ;D

RCF:

--- Quote from: The Peregrine Chick on March 29, 2020, 17:05 ---
--- Quote from: RCF on March 29, 2020, 16:02 ---We have a female as of today, but I am not sure who. I never got a look to see if she has a band. She is not very accommodating.  This bird has a lot of speckles on her breast whereas Hurricane only has a few.  In some photos it looks like her and others not so much!  :-\

--- End quote ---

Looks like your visitor is unbanded .... just to make things interesting :)
There was an unbanded female who visited at this time of the year back in 2017 I believe .... the year we pulled all the sticks out of the nestbox ... I think it was that year at least ...

--- End quote ---

I did noticed she may not have bands, she still wasn't very accommodating.   :)  This is the  2017 unbanded female, they are different.

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: RCF on March 29, 2020, 16:02 ---We have a female as of today, but I am not sure who. I never got a look to see if she has a band. She is not very accommodating.  This bird has a lot of speckles on her breast whereas Hurricane only has a few.  In some photos it looks like her and others not so much!  :-\

--- End quote ---

Looks like your visitor is unbanded .... just to make things interesting :)
There was an unbanded female who visited at this time of the year back in 2017 I believe .... the year we pulled all the sticks out of the nestbox ... I think it was that year at least ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version