Other Peregrine Projects > European Peregrines

Netherlands / De Mortel - 2015 / Pa & Miep-VieVie

<< < (14/24) > >>

susha:
59 degrees in Gemert right now.  Not warm enough for wee chicks to be alone so long I'm thinking. :(

susha:
I've been watching for a while as well, Ali, and haven't seen a feeding.  Chicks were alone for a long time, so I'm guessing Miep-VV was out hunting and is hopefully well fed.  Now what about those babies?!? 

allikat:
Just finished watching about 40 + mins of lonely chicks in the nestbox.
Miep/VV came back with zero food.
Now I don't know when another feeding took place, but, she came in the nestbox, looked around, hopped onto the front grid, not sure if she calling out or not, (sometimes I watch a different site that has 3 cam views which has no sound) flew off, then we could see two Falcons flying around. No food exchange.
I don't know what the temps are like there but, with a fresh hatch today, isn't 40+ minutes just a tad long?

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: allikat on April 24, 2015, 14:48 ---Unfortunately, even with google translating the page, words don't get translated properly, or at all, and the conversation gets lost in the shuffle.
From what others have been witnessing and posting, 1R is eating a lot, and literally stealing food out of the nextbox (they call it "the closet" or "cabinet").  
Perhaps it is to lure Miep/VV out of the box to get food, like TPC wrote about other falcon behavior?  
She is coming back with food that appears to be "prepped".....
Maybe 1R is contributing more than what the spotters are seeing and they also don't realize it?  

--- End quote ---

It sounds like 1R is cacheing food for Miep-VieVie.  As for taking food out of the nestbox - that too we've seen - Princess in the last couple of years has often eaten food brought in - mostly by Ivy because he was a food-delivery machine.  For those who watch this site more than I do, is 1R taking the food as she's feeding it to the chicks, or is he bringing it in and eating there, or something else?  Parents will often clean up afterwards my eating what's left ...

RCF:
Four hatches here now

https://youtu.be/HePMSOI3V3Q

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version