Other Peregrine Projects > European Peregrines

Netherlands / De Mortel - 2015 / Pa & Miep-VieVie

<< < (21/24) > >>

susha:
It seems that PA is still around and so is the intruding male, who sometimes sits in the nest box with Miep-VieVie who incubates her eggs as though there's nothing unusual about having two males apparently sharing a territory.   ???

MayShowers:

--- Quote from: Jazzerkins on April 08, 2015, 15:58 ---I think that as most of us know her as VieVie, the hyphenated name might be the best way to go.

--- End quote ---
My thoughts also.

The Peregrine Chick:
Just a note about the eggs Miep-VieVie is now incubating ... the male may not do anything to them.  When T-Rex took over for his father while Madame was incubating at the Radisson there was no missed beat and no problems.  All the eggs hatched out without a problem and there was never any discord between Madame and T-Rex - well, other than he liked to incubate as much as she did.  Have more photos of him incubating than her in fact ...

Kinderchick:

--- Quote from: sparkster on April 08, 2015, 18:27 ---
--- Quote from: Jazzerkins on April 08, 2015, 15:58 ---I think that as most of us know her as VieVie, the hyphenated name might be the best way to go.

--- End quote ---

I agree with the hyphenated name.

--- End quote ---

Ditto for me. :)

sparkster:

--- Quote from: allikat on April 08, 2015, 11:33 ---Too bad for Pa  :(
At least, for now, he is staying away.
I know that falcons will have a territorial battle and fight to the death, but, I recall TPC writing that they will also choose to not fight (I think that's sort of right, TPC?)
I hope that Pa decides to not fight again, but if he does, there is nothing we can do about it, and he has had a great run at De Mortel.

Is anyone else having issues with the link to their cams?

--- End quote ---

I had no issues this evening with the cams. But good grief! I didn't check that site for a few days, only to find about all of the drama. I am very sorry for Pa and VieVie. I really like Pa.  :'(  He and VieVie had four wonderful chicks last year, and they were all so much fun to watch. Poor VieVie must be so traumatized with her four eggs to incubate, Pa gone, and this stranger in the nest box. And the stranger was definitely in the nest box a short while ago. It is very sad. I, too, hope that Pa stays away if he isn't going to win the fight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version