Author Topic: Radisson - 2014 / Smiley & Princess  (Read 80263 times)

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: Radisson - 2014 / Smiley & Princess
« Reply #681 on: July 19, 2014, 16:17 »

Princess kept her eyes on Vimy, and Sparkster found Smiley on the n of the east Radisson sign.

Hmm … Chapelle may have been north or east of the Radisson, and possibly Smiley was watching over Chapelle - while Princess watched over Vimy!

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #680 on: July 19, 2014, 15:59 »
We did, however, spot one of the parents half way up the antenna on the roof of the Radisson.
Might have been Smiley, but not absolutely sure.
He/she stayed there for quite awhile & appeared to be looking north, across Portage Ave.
So we were wondering if Vimy had moved over to the tall glass building across the street - the Assembly of Chiefs Bldg? :-\

Sounds like a possibility! :)

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #679 on: July 19, 2014, 15:53 »

Thank you to everyone for their reports. :)

Perhaps the whereabouts of our girls will soon be found!

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #678 on: July 19, 2014, 15:49 »

Good to hear Bccs and Dennis were able to watch Vimy as she fledged! :)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #677 on: July 19, 2014, 13:11 »
Was downtown fledge watching with des btw 9:30 & 11:00 AM today.
We also looked everywhere for both fledglings but were unable to spot either of them.
You're right, TPC, lots of action going on, on the roof of the new condos across the street.
Men working & crane's swinging... so Vimy probably has moved on.
We did, however, spot one of the parents half way up the antenna on the roof of the Radisson.
Might have been Smiley, but not absolutely sure.
He/she stayed there for quite awhile & appeared to be looking north, across Portage Ave.
So we were wondering if Vimy had moved over to the tall glass building across the street - the Assembly of Chiefs Bldg? :-\

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #676 on: July 19, 2014, 09:38 »
Had a spin around with the camera and couldn't see anyone but one of the adults on the Hydro sign - looked big so I suspect it might be Princess.  There are work men on the roof of the new condo building now and I looked everywhere for her but couldn't see her so I suspect she has moved to another building.

Thanks Bccs & Dennis for the report!  (Sorry Sparkster)

Offline sparkster

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #675 on: July 19, 2014, 09:19 »
I am experiencing "empty nest syndrome"  :'(; although it actually doesn't look all that empty. ;D

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #674 on: July 19, 2014, 09:04 »
Wow.  That was fast.  Both girls out of the nest :o  I wonder if these kids will be returning to the nextbox at night so we can get some close-up views :)

Offline sparkster

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #673 on: July 19, 2014, 08:59 »
  :( Missed Vimy's fledge. However, it was exciting to see Princess standing...er, sitting guard on the crane and then flying. And to see Smiley, as well. Thanks, bccs, for the acknowledgement of the sighting. At least I was somewhat useful! And thanks also for the great info; I appreciated your experience and knowledge. Both mornings were very enjoyable.

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #672 on: July 19, 2014, 08:01 »
Vimy fledged at 5:34 this morning. It was a good fledge, nice and smooth.
She landed on the new condos that are being built and was still there as of 1/2 hour age.
Dennis and I saw her go, poor Sparkster missed it by two minutes.
We walked all around but didn't see Chapelle.
Princess kept her eyes on Vimy, and Sparkster found Smiley on the n of the east Radisson sign.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #671 on: July 18, 2014, 22:18 »
Vimy is in the nestbox asleep.
Haven't been able to see Chapelle all day on camera, maybe tomorrow will be better ...  :)

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #670 on: July 18, 2014, 19:24 »
And that being said, it's time for me to get ready to sleep.
Goodnight all.

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #669 on: July 18, 2014, 19:19 »

Thanks Sparkster, the early mornings can be rough, but they quite often pay off.
[/quote

It was fun, bccs, although getting up that early is brutal ( ;) ). Thank you for the great information and showing me where to fledge watch. I learned a lot, and it was very exciting to see the Radisson family up close. It is amazing how well we can see the birds when you know where to go and where to look. Vimy is beautiful.

Oh yes she is, and I had a lot of people help me out when I was new. So I'm just paying it forward. But I really enjoyed your company today and am looking forward to tomorrow.
Early morning, yep it's brutal, but it's been my experience that the early time is when the exciting stuff happens.
So, if there are any other early risers out there, we'll be there and hopefully we can hook up.

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #668 on: July 18, 2014, 19:17 »

Thanks Sparkster, the early mornings can be rough, but they quite often pay off.

It was fun, bccs, although getting up that early is brutal ( ;) ). Thank you for the great information and showing me where to fledge watch. I learned a lot, and it was very exciting to see the Radisson family up close. It is amazing how well we can see the birds when you know where to go and where to look. Vimy is beautiful.
[/quote]

Offline sparkster

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #667 on: July 18, 2014, 19:12 »

[/quote]