Manitoba Peregrines > West Winnipeg Peregrines

West Winnipeg - 2013 / Beau & Jules

(1/81) > >>

Kinderchick:
LOL! "As the World Turns!" ;)

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: Cooper on November 21, 2013, 09:37 ---Hmmm... Don't know who (or even what), but somebirdy was visiting the letters on south side diner this morning. I was stuck in traffic so was able to watch as he/she sat on the "t" for a while and then took a little flight over to the "r". Definitely falcon like in profile, both sitting and flying, but had more buffy brown colour than I would have thought for a Peregrine. Although that could have been effect of sun on his feathers as the sun was indeed shining on him.

--- End quote ---

I checked the recorder for yesterday and yup, Smiley was still downtown, not for long but he was there.  I'm not surprised he's made a trip out to the Diner - that was where Dennis and I first caught sight of him and confirmed his band number back in 2010.  He arrived before Beau, then got kicked out of the area a bit more than a week later, and he moved over to HSC.  He wasn't even a year old when he turned up here, bit like T-Rex, Trey and Ivy actually.  T-Rex never had any intention of going anywhere else, Trey remained a bachelor until he got his chance at the Radisson and though Ivy had two mates before Princess, neither of those pairs had successful nests.  Considering how successful these three males have been, could bode well for Smiley so long as he chooses an unoccupied nestsite to claim.  We know he's not unappealing to the ladies - Joli's been pretty smitten with him "married" though she is ... 

photosbydennis:
Hey
It's news like that I don't want to hear...I should be on the hunt for Snowy Owls, not Peregrines at this time of year  >:(
Thanks for the report Cooper will see if I can check it out   ???

Cooper:
Hmmm... Don't know who (or even what), but somebirdy was visiting the letters on south side diner this morning. I was stuck in traffic so was able to watch as he/she sat on the "t" for a while and then took a little flight over to the "r". Definitely falcon like in profile, both sitting and flying, but had more buffy brown colour than I would have thought for a Peregrine. Although that could have been effect of sun on his feathers as the sun was indeed shining on him.

Kinderchick:
It is wonderful to hear news of these chicks! Thanks TPC. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version