Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines
Radisson - 2011 / Ivy & Princess
The Peregrine Chick:
--- Quote from: Leana on July 01, 2011, 18:31 ---
--- Quote from: The Peregrine Chick on July 01, 2011, 12:46 ---1242 hrs
... this is when I want to tape their wings down so they can't do it ...
--- End quote ---
LOL, I'm surprised to hear this from you! You always seem so cool and collected "It's nature, they'll go when they are ready". But now we know you are just like the rest of us, sitting on the edge of our seats, holding our breath... ;)
What I am curious about is whether there has ever been one who has "fallen off" so to speak while wingercizing - and come to an unfortunate end. Or is that how fledging actually happens - they are wingercizing and oops, I'm airborn now! I've never seen one take their first flight so I'm not sure if it's a planned take off or an oops.
--- End quote ---
Can't think of anyone who wen't while wingercizing, Thor got hip checked by Isis last year but we never had a problem with him, he just stuck his wings out and he was off. Never came close to the ground or to hitting anything. Mostly the "oops" is oops-didn't-mean-to-let-go-look-Ma-I'm-flying-oh-crap-what-do-I-do-now ... "oops" is short-hand ... ;D
Leana:
--- Quote from: The Peregrine Chick on July 01, 2011, 12:46 ---1242 hrs
... this is when I want to tape their wings down so they can't do it ...
--- End quote ---
LOL, I'm surprised to hear this from you! You always seem so cool and collected "It's nature, they'll go when they are ready". But now we know you are just like the rest of us, sitting on the edge of our seats, holding our breath... ;)
What I am curious about is whether there has ever been one who has "fallen off" so to speak while wingercizing - and come to an unfortunate end. Or is that how fledging actually happens - they are wingercizing and oops, I'm airborn now! I've never seen one take their first flight so I'm not sure if it's a planned take off or an oops.
The Peregrine Chick:
Usually they choose earlier in the day ... sort of like, I've-been-trapped-here-all-night and then, ooops, there they go ... they can go later in the day, just seems like they have more frenetic energy first thing ...
RCF:
Cade napping on the ledge
RCF:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version