Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines
Radisson - 2011 / Ivy & Princess
photosbydennis:
Well it's been a LONG DAY...2 chicks, Fyfe (red tape) and Carson (white tape) have fledged at 5:35 this a.m.
Fyfe was located on a low roof top and is doing well, Carson has yet to be located. The search will continue !
This afternoon some rain showers came through and Fyfe had no nest box to take shelter in...perhaps if you hadn't been playing around with your brother this morning this wouldn't have happened ????
A couple of sneak peek photos have been added to the Radisson Gallery...this is Fyfe, alone on the roof top in the rain.
More photos will be added when ready.
http://www.pbase.com/photosbydennis/radisson_2011
Cheers !
Dennis
The Peregrine Chick:
1800h
Checked all the cams and hijacked the skycam - just two chicks at the nestsite - Beatrix and I'm assuming Cade as I haven't been able to see his band color. No one else is around at the moment. She's being a pain sitting right where Cade wants/needs to jump to to get back in the nestbox ... ::)
GCG:
--- Quote from: Rapidcitymbfan on July 03, 2011, 17:47 ---
--- Quote from: susha on July 03, 2011, 17:44 ---I think that may be Cade on the ledge and Bea on the nest edge.
--- End quote ---
That's what I was thinking too. Ivy was there earlier, but he left a while ago.
--- End quote ---
Thanks susha and Rcf, I now took a closer look, the feathers are flying and because of the camera angle, one on the ledge looks larger than one on the nest edge. This is the only angle Beatrix will look slim and trim. Normal camera view, she is the size of an amazon. ;D
RCF:
--- Quote from: susha on July 03, 2011, 17:44 ---I think that may be Cade on the ledge and Bea on the nest edge.
--- End quote ---
That's what I was thinking too. Ivy was there earlier, but he left a while ago.
GCG:
--- Quote from: susha on July 03, 2011, 17:35 ---I sure hope that Fyfe has had some supper by now ??? It's been a long day for him and he's likely pretty stressed by now, being alone for the first time since he hatched...
And I'll be so glad to hear how Carson is doing. Hopefully, there will be a sign of him soon. It's very reassuring to know that the parents know where he is, but they have no way of telling us if he's okay :P
I'm itching to get back downtown, but as KC said, "life gets in the way" and my chick needs some of my time this evening. I'll definitely be going again though!
Have I said yet that I'd strongly recommend that folks go downtown to do a little fledge-watching? Wonderful people, these Peregrine enthusiasts. And the birds speak for themselves. If you love them on the cam, you'll be absolutely addicted once you see them in person! :-*
--- End quote ---
My husband is on his way downtown. Although he does not post, he is hooked. Thank you for the update. I hear sirens .
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version