Author Topic: Red//Blue "who's online" ?  (Read 46654 times)

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Red//Blue "who's online" ?
« Reply #207 on: May 26, 2009, 18:27 »
This thread always takes on a life of its own. I posed the question because Shocka88 was red but now I see blue since reaching 10 posts so I guess I got my answer. I don't know why I even noticed?!

Offline Enraptured

• Past Member
  • Chick
« Reply #206 on: May 26, 2009, 16:39 »
It's great that you are back posting, Enraptured!

Thanks, BCbird, it's good to be back and enjoying the excitement and everyone's posts old and new.   :)

Offline Enraptured

• Past Member
  • Chick
« Reply #205 on: May 26, 2009, 16:35 »
Hmmm...something funny is going on here, but I'm awfully glad!
I better update as my post from a few minutes ago is already in error! I've been blue until a moment ago, as I described below, and all of a sudden I'm green! Maybe saying things out loud into the world, ethos, etc.  really does bring you what you want (isn't there something called the Secret...I'm sure I've heard that referred to on tv, somewhere - I havent' followed any of it, so I may really be advertising my ignorance on that!).  I'll have to try it with some bigger issues!  :D 

Anyway, thanks TPC...I imagine you were the real wizard behind the magic!  ;)

It's lovely being green...

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #204 on: May 26, 2009, 16:23 »
It's great that you are back posting, Enraptured!

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #203 on: May 26, 2009, 16:22 »
...and not quite all of us who were here last year (or me at least due to my own fault) got to advance to green, despite the call out for getting in touch in December....I always did love the colour green...sniff, sniff, :'( , so blue is a little fuzzy for those of us that were slow and/or couldn't respond! 

:-*

Offline Enraptured

• Past Member
  • Chick
« Reply #202 on: May 26, 2009, 16:19 »
Yes, the Phanatics are easily identified because they are green.  New folks are still red/blue and I'm still red despite my best efforts to change that  ;)

...and not quite all of us who were here last year (or me at least due to my own fault) got to advance to green, despite the call out for getting in touch in December....I always did love the colour green...sniff, sniff, :'( , so blue is a little fuzzy for those of us that were slow and/or couldn't respond!  Anyway, blue, green, or red.... I'm just glad we're all back and Princess and Trey's chicks are hatching!   ;D

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #201 on: May 26, 2009, 11:53 »
Hey Shocka88, you hatched today too, and now you are blue.  Congratulations!

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #200 on: May 26, 2009, 11:25 »
Yes, the Phanatics are easily identified because they are green.  New folks are still red/blue and I'm still red despite my best efforts to change that  ;)

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #199 on: May 25, 2009, 23:52 »
Just looked back a bit and found some of our puzzling from last year....
AAcchkkk!  (does that sound like a falcon coughing up a feather-ball?) 

Yes. eggs are red.  And maybe T is red because it's her sandbox.  Maybe they should change her to purple, so we know she's the queen of the sandbox!   ;D ;D ;D

Maybe TPC's red because she's all-seeing, all-access privileges, etc. on this site and so when she started she was red and it never changed once she became a hatchling, chick, etc because she is privileged with the all-access pass and so "the site makers that be" always want her to stand out regardless of number of posts, seeing as the we, the more 'common folk' post, we all turn blue and thus get lost in the mix a little more. And of course, in any 'community' we always want to know who's in charge or 'special' and who's 'new' so we can be aware/observant, so to speak (pretending we're from a small kingdom/village of a past age!)...

.... and now the ones in their second year, regardless of maturation,have become green.

Offline Pchemist

• Past Member
  • Old Bird
« Reply #198 on: May 25, 2009, 23:48 »
that's exactly it.   Red is Egg (or TPC, always red), blue is past egg,  green is phanatic from early on.... 

it's not easy being green.   ;D ;D ;D

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #197 on: May 25, 2009, 23:35 »
It might be that new members are in red while they are an Egg.  After 10 posts they hatch and are Hatchlings, and I seem to recall they have their name colour change to blue.  I think we finally did sort this out last year, but that was a very long time and many, many posts ago.

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #196 on: May 25, 2009, 22:04 »
I was wondering the same thing bcf  ???
I still don't get the red, blue thing...when you go to the bottom of the page to see which members are online, you can see that some of them are in blue, red etc...
I don't get it..but that's okay.  We still have fun anyway!

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #195 on: May 25, 2009, 21:34 »
Okay, colour question has been figured out.

The colours are related to the membergroups one belongs to ....

red - me as Admin and Supreme Goddess of the Sandbox
green - regular members; come 2009, members who joined prior to Jan 2009 and who (by posting at year-end) requested to remain active.
blue - regular members; come 2009, members who have joined since Jan 2009

The stars are the same ...

big red stars - me, Admin and blah-blah-blah
big green stars - active for a second year on the forum (and yes, there will be three stars for those of you who hang around until 2010)
small yellow stars - new members, number of stars tied to number of posts

Now that I'm playing with membergroups, I may add/change them some more in the new year, but they will probably work in pretty much the same manner.  If I can find a way to have the small stars and the green stars show at the same time, will do that too.  But that's for rainy days when its quiet.

TPC

Okay, I hate to bring this up again, but how come some new members are in red? I thought they were supposed to be blue. Reading back on this, it is one of the funniest threads ever!

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #194 on: December 30, 2008, 12:33 »
I just noticed I am a Phanatic Fledgling.  And lots of us are now Phanatic ranked.  Does this go with green stars for us veterans, or will all new members be immediately called phanatics? 

The green stars only go to the Phanatics - that's anyone who posted (or emailed/pm'd me) to stay active in 2009.  It used to say "Active 2009" which wasn't very creative if descriptive, so I gave it a better name!  Fledgling is based on the number of messages you have posted. 

For "new" or "returning" folks, they will have the little yellow stars along with egg, hatchling, etc based on the number of their posts. 

Have another group, which is for school classrooms and they have one red star instead of the Phanatics two greenies.  They have a private section now where I hope we can arrange interactive question & answer periods just for the kids.  Am trying to figure out how you all can read, but only the kids can post, but haven't gotten that quite worked out yet.

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #193 on: December 28, 2008, 23:22 »
I just noticed I am a Phanatic Fledgling.  And lots of us are now Phanatic ranked.  Does this go with green stars for us veterans, or will all new members be immediately called phanatics? 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 12:32 by The Peregrine Chick »