Author Topic: Radisson - 2008 / Trey & Princess  (Read 311156 times)

Offline deedream

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: Radisson - May 2008 / Trey & Princess
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2008, 13:50 »
did everyone get a good look?   Definitely white spot on that one egg huh?  Wow.

Offline Enraptured

• Past Member
  • Chick
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2008, 13:22 »
I'm sure I saw the same thing, too, Peregrine Chick! That white bit really reminded me of what I saw yesterday with the Minnesota chicks hatching and I got excited that  maybe our lil' ones are beginning to hatch, too! I think that particular egg is right under Trey's tail, so hopefully we'll get another look when he adjusts himself...

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2008, 13:22 »
ACK - I'm on the edge of my seat!! - I have my sister at home giving me the play by play , sure hope they hatch today - even if I don't get to see it!!  ::) Maybe they'll wait til I can get home to my webcam.  ;D

Offline deedream

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2008, 13:17 »
oh thanks everyone, I left for a few, to put out some patio furniture and this and that, hoping summer is here, lol, and came in to the Minnesota birds squawking, and then I seen Trey, and then.... for some stupid reason lost my internet connection.  Jeeze.  Caught up by all the great posters, so this is great getting updates.  Oh Tracy I hope you are right and they are starting.   :D

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2008, 13:05 »
Glad someone else saw that as well.  I've seen it twice, maybe the same egg, maybe different egg, hard to tell as Trey was going round and round and round.

Keep an eye on the May 2008 observations thread Marion, I think that is where most of the posts will appear in the next few hours!

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2008, 13:03 »
1300 Wpg time - Trey turned around and unless I am seeing the same egg I saw fifteen minutes ago under his but this time instead of up under his breast, we may actually have hatching starting.  Don't get too excited, could have been a small white pebble stuck to the egg for all I can tell via the cam, but we MAY be on our way.

No counting of chicks before they are hatched!

schuarta

« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2008, 12:54 »
yes I saw two eggs only when she turned.  Thanks for the heads up in the blog.  Ohh maybe today is the day.  There has been a shift change around this time, before so maybe we will see something shortly.  She does seem to be reallly concentrating on those eggs.

She just got up and turned (05/27/2008 @1053 hrs PDT) and there are definately three (3) eggs under her!

:D

Offline marion

• Egg
« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2008, 12:53 »
hi tracy, in watching the birdcam, one of the eggs seemed to have a white spot on it? Could this be a hatching chick or just something stuck to the egg?

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2008, 12:48 »
1246 local time - Trey has been housecleaning and since its so warm he's been off the eggs.  Am sure I saw a lighter mark on the nearest egg but can't say for sure that is a sign of hatching.  Can say that both birds are twitchy today and I don't think its because of a lack of wind!

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2008, 12:31 »
Wow, you two above me are fast!

;D

teamla

« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2008, 12:30 »
Oh! shift change and three eggs! No signs of hatching on the eggs...

Wow, you two above me are fast!

It was about time - I think Princess was getting seriously impatient.  And possibly hungry!

Three eggs, no cracking that I could see.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2008, 12:27 »
1225 local time - shift change; Princess is off, Trey is on.  Three eggs, couldn't see any obvious cracks or holes.  Still alot of "talking" going on with Princess.  Will have to see if Trey "talks" too.

Offline Enraptured

• Past Member
  • Chick
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2008, 12:26 »
Oh! shift change and three eggs! No signs of hatching on the eggs...

Offline deedream

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2008, 12:23 »
Princess seems to be doing some squawking and looking around alot.  Wonder if she is calling for Trey.  She seems hot, imagine she wants a break. 

Offline deedream

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2008, 11:39 »
Has anyone seen a shift change today?  I was away for a bit, got outside and planted a few flowers, but HAD to come back, was afraid I was missing something. :) All I have seen is Princess since this am.  She is doing quite a bit of panting, has it warmed up finally?  Where is that Trey.  Hopefully they will start hatching soon.  Princess must be getting anxious.   :)