Author Topic: 2010 Kinderchicklet Fundraising Campaign  (Read 34735 times)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: 2010 Kinderchicklet Fundraising Campaign
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2010, 19:25 »
...None of this would be possible without Eye-Spy's generosity!!
Well, what can I say, Eye-Spy, except "You da man!"  8) Thank you!  :-* Thank you!  :-* Thank you!  :-* And an especially great big "THANK YOU" from all 23 of the Kinderchicklets (and their families, of course)! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  And one from their teacher! ;D
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 19:27 by Kinderchick »

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2010, 18:40 »
And very generous he is! Way to go, Eye-Spy, and thank you very, very much!  ;D

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2010, 16:32 »
The last couple of posts made me realize that we have so many new members here that don't know all the history of our cameras and the "Guys" ....

The webcam is a partnership of lots of folks.  CBC Manitoba provides the website, streaming software and band width for all traffic to the website.  Shaw provides us with the dedicated internet connection year-round which not only allows us to watch the birds but also watch for them before and after the nesting season.  Last year and again this year, Shaw provided us with a second connection for the West Winnipeg birds. 

In our first year (2006), Shaw donated a camera for us to hang off the side of the Hotel -Eye-Spy was the one who actually figured out how to hang it (no mean feat!!).  That camera is still in operation - its the spycam - and is invaluable for finding out who's home and when!!  In 2007 the birds nested in the nestbox and so we needed different cameras and suddenly Eye-Spy was installing the smallest camera I had ever seen.  And when the storms of 2007 (as bad as this year but with Elie Tornado) took out the camera, he was replacing the camera almost before I called him.  In 2008, just to mix things up, the birds decided to nest on the ledge and Eye-Spy turned up with another camera that we could operate remotely (the spycam was our first) and we had camera #3, the nestledge cam, which made such a difference in 2008 and 2009 and changed alot of things about how we run the webcam.  Now in 2010, there are three cameras on the east-side - the nestbox cam and a nestledge cam and now the skycam which is the nestledge cam re-tasked.  Eye-spy has donated all of the camera equipment, all the computer equipment (for streaming & recording) and all the installation and maintenance work. 

Starting last year, Eye-Spy also donated a camera for the West Winnipeg birds because we couldn't keep a close-eye on them. This year we have two cameras on Jules and Beau and their chicks and the ability to watch them remotely and record them as well. 

None of this would be possible without Eye-Spy's generosity!!

Offline Ellie

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2010, 13:51 »
Shhhh, kinderchick, where do you think the cameras came from??
I wasn't aware that Eye-Spy personally donated the cameras, bccs. :-[ Thanks for letting me know.  ;) I thought that they were donated by SHAW... I really just wanted to highlight TPC's point, that you have always been financially generous, where the Recovery Project is concerned. :D Thanks for your donation of the cameras to the Recovery Project, Eye-Spy!  :-* And of course, it goes without saying, but I will say it, thanks for volunteering all of your time in setting them up and maintaining them! :-*
I was under the same impression Kinderchick!   A big Thank You Eye-Spy for cameras and all that you do...........even cleaning poop-art so that we all can see the birdies better ;D :-*

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2010, 13:20 »
I wasn't aware that Eye-Spy personally donated the cameras, bccs. :-[ Thanks for letting me know.  ;) I thought that they were donated by SHAW... I really just wanted to highlight TPC's point, that you have always been financially generous, where the Recovery Project is concerned. :D Thanks for your donation of the cameras to the Recovery Project, Eye-Spy!  :-* And of course, it goes without saying, but I will say it, thanks for volunteering all of your time in setting them up and maintaining them! :-*

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2010, 13:06 »
Bccs is very generous to the birds, so far, I don't think there has been a single fundraising campaign that she hasn't participated it ... so Bccs, ignore boy (bah boy)   ;)
(Eye-Spy   :-* )

Are YOU joining our campaign, Eye-Spy?! ;) :-*

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2010, 12:58 »
Bccs is very generous to the birds, so far, I don't think there has been a single fundraising campaign that she hasn't participated it ... so Bccs, ignore boy (bah boy)   ;)
(Eye-Spy   :-* )

Are YOU joining our campaign, Eye-Spy?! ;) :-*

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2010, 12:48 »
Oh don't worry TPC, I never take him seriously. ::)
Hey there Mr. Tree, I'll show ya my tax receipts if you like.  :P

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2010, 12:20 »
To quote TPC, a great big "Yippee Skippee" to bccs! ;D

Easy there Kinderchick, she spends TWICE that on booze every weekend.  I think she can pony up a little more.  In fact, I bet she could double that if she realllly liked the birds........ :)

Bccs is very generous to the birds, so far, I don't think there has been a single fundraising campaign that she hasn't participated it ... so Bccs, ignore boy (bah boy)   ;)

(Eye-Spy   :-* )

Offline Eye-spy

• Project
  • Chick
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2010, 17:19 »

Easy there Kinderchick, she spends TWICE that on booze every weekend.  I think she can pony up a little more.  In fact, I bet she could double that if she realllly liked the birds........ :)

I in fact challenge her to do so, and I will match her donation.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 21:13 by Eye-spy »

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2010, 17:07 »

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2010, 13:56 »
I'll match up to a hundred.

Offline Eye-spy

• Project
  • Chick
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2010, 13:38 »
I appreciate the Kinderchicklets and their commitment to the Project but I should let everyone know that at the moment our charitable status is being reviewed - I made a change on our last tax return and it prompted a review  :-\  What that means is that I can't issue tax receipts until the review is finished.

So we can do one of two things ...

1.  You can send in your donation and I will hold it until the review is complete then send out a tax receipt
OR
2.  You can hold onto the donation until the review is complete and then send it in and I can issue the tax receipt then.

Should have used an Accountant   :-X  .  They are going to victimize the boids now for sure...

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2010, 21:00 »
A great big "high five" to Jo! ;D

Offline Jo

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2010, 20:04 »
I'll be sending a donation as well - I know what an amazing job the Kinderchicklets of 2009 did - so I don't want to commit to matching their total  ;)

Ummm - maybe I have to rethink that - I'm watching the chicks in another window an just as I typed that one of the chicks walked up to the camera to create a white out. As if to say "match the Kinderchicklets or I don't move". lol