Author Topic: Bald Eagle - British Columbia / Hornby Island  (Read 11452 times)

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Bald Eagle - British Columbia / Hornby Island (2012)
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2012, 06:59 »
Wow, Eagle, I can tell you are thrilled to have this nest to watch again this season. 

Thanks for sharing the excitement!

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2012, 13:35 »
The webcam has been up for a day. They decided to have it go live even though there is still some tinkering they need to do to the cam.  They felt that we eagle lovers should see it as they go along instead of waiting til it was perfect for them.  Yes the top cam is Hornby Island and the one below it is the Decorah, Iowa webcam.  The Hornby Island webcam is not in the same tree as the nest. In fact the cam is about 250 from the nest.  None the less it is a different perspective, the anonymous volunteers have taken us on a tour of the island with the cam. We have zoomed up to the nest.  It is wonderful that we are back home in Hornby Island!  It is beautiful scenery where the eagles have nested.  What struck me was watching mom and dad leaving and coming back was absolutely remarkable!  We will get to see the lives of the eagles in the nest and away from the nest.  Enjoy!

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2012, 19:58 »
Your right about that, rcf, I just realized that a minute ago. I was thinking that there were 2 webcam views at this nestsite when I first went to view it. :-[

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2012, 19:47 »
It's live now, with a great view of 3 very big chicks! 8) No parents around, at the moment.

You must of been looking at the Decorah, Iowa eagle nest. Both cam views are on that page. ;)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2012, 19:28 »
It's live now, with a great view of 3 very big chicks! 8) No parents around, at the moment.

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2012, 12:22 »
That's great news, eagle!  Thanks for letting us know!

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2012, 10:45 »
In an hour and 15 minutes the Hornby cam will be going live. You can access it at = http://www.hornbyeagles.com/HEGPSchat.htm
woooohooooooo

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2012, 19:52 »
No problem :)

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2012, 13:47 »
Oops! :-[  Sorry to spoil the surprise, Eagle!   ::)

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2012, 13:03 »
Yes Susha, I was hoping to wait til we know when the cam will be streaming before saying anything, I wanted to surprise everyone.  The cam is and installed and they are testing it now so it will be soon. I will let you all know when the camera is to go online for streaming.

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2012, 09:33 »
They're planning to have another cam at this site!!

http://www.hornbyeagles.com/webcam.htm

I'm very excited about the prospect of watching Mom and Dad Hornby again :-*

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Bald Eagle - British Columbia / Hornby Island (2011)
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2011, 19:55 »
It is too bad that we will no longer have this wonderful Eagle webcam, but Doug & Sheila Carrick have given so much of their lives to these wonderful raptors and I, too, am grateful for all that they have shared with us. I wish them well as they journey on to new adventures and more joy in their lives, whatever that looks like for them. :)

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2011, 16:15 »
Thanks for the update, rcf.  I can certainly understand their position and am grateful for having had the opportunity to watch this wonderful nest.  "Sanity and well-being" must definitely be a priority to the dedicated folks who provide us with these opportunities.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2011, 15:31 »
No problem, I just did a little digging and found the info.  It really is too bad about the camera, but sometimes sanity and well being come first.  :)

I agree with you on both points :)
Makes me glad we have a longish winter  ;)

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2011, 15:21 »
No problem, I just did a little digging and found the info.  It really is too bad about the camera, but sometimes sanity and well being come first.  :)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2011, 14:41 »
Thanks for posting the update RCF, I know lots of folks here were devoted watchers of the Hornby Eagles.  Given Phoenix's death last year (2010) and how many people would have been very distressed by this turn of events, I can only imagine how tough a year it was for the Carricks.  It is too bad that they cannot continue but they did provide a wonderful view into the real lives of eagles in BC for everyone.  And while I will miss checking out the cam, I am glad I had the opportunity to watch even for just a little while.  And I know that next spring, the adults will be back in their nest and that they will be watched over by fans at the HEG.

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2011, 14:14 »
It looks as though the webcam on the Hornby Island nest has been turned off ???  They've got the Decorah nest and the Sea Eagle nest cams up instead.  Thought this was temporary until they got the Hornby cam running, but I read somewhere that the cam is gone for good... :-\ :'(  Haven't been able to find out why... :P

Posted on hancock forum
"By: Doug Carrick on Monday, October 24 2011 @ 01:09 PM EDT
Doug Carrick
Doug Carrick

This is a notice that I am leaving the whole business of broadcasting the Hornby Eagles. I am absolutely torn asunder by this decision. I read over the recent posts and am reminded of all the people that just love seeing these eagles. I see all the people who followed the eagles to the Hancock Wildlife Forum and it is upsetting to abandon such good people. When I decided to quit two months ago there were hundreds of people who requested that I keep broadcasting by some other mode and they were so pleased when it happened. I am forever grateful to David Hancock who welcomed me back so the eagles could carry on to the satisfaction of so many people. And I know it will be a blow to nightowl who has been the best hostess and moderator I could ever imagine - full of wisdom, balance, and wit ... with a warm welcoming personality. IrishEyes and jbkgrants have been wonderful "oldtimers" on the Hornby Eagle thread. JudyB has watched over this thread so well and Richard arranged the transition to the new site with quiet diplomacy. I am fully aware of the upset this will be causing and genuinely wish there was some way around it.

However I have had long talks with Sheila. The hassles and stress associated with the broadcasting of the Hornby Eagles is taking the joy from our lives. We have had enough. We cannot have our lives destroyed to give thousands the pleasure of the eagles. Other people could arise above these things and continue on despite them. But we are not able to do so - thinskinned? But we are as we are, and have to decide what is best for us. So with understanding and appologies, we are now going on to new things. Who knows what? Doug and Sheila Carrick

Hornby Island Bald Eagle Cam -- Summary & Thanks to Doug & Sheila Carrick.
http://www.hancockwildlife.org/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=281235
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 15:17 by Rapidcitymbfan »

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2011, 13:42 »
It looks as though the webcam on the Hornby Island nest has been turned off ???  They've got the Decorah nest and the Sea Eagle nest cams up instead.  Thought this was temporary until they got the Hornby cam running, but I read somewhere that the cam is gone for good... :-\ :'(  Haven't been able to find out why... :P

This is a link to the forum for Hornby Island Eagles Ground Observations - 2011-2012.  There are beautiful pictures of the eagles and also video taken from the ground.

http://www.ournaturezone.com/index.php?topic=939.msg81850#new

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2011, 11:13 »
It looks as though the webcam on the Hornby Island nest has been turned off ???  They've got the Decorah nest and the Sea Eagle nest cams up instead.  Thought this was temporary until they got the Hornby cam running, but I read somewhere that the cam is gone for good... :-\ :'(  Haven't been able to find out why... :P

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2011, 09:27 »
Camera moving around alot right now so maybe there is a hatch occuring right now? :-\

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2011, 23:48 »
I was following the chat for awhile, the first egg hatched and the second is expected perhaps by morning.  The audio at the site is good enough that the peeping could be heard from the egg distinct from the already hatched eaglet.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2011, 21:12 »
Susha has reported that there has been a hatch here at this nest. :D

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2011, 10:40 »
Woo hoo! This webcam is now back up and running and there's an eagle in the nest right now! :D

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: Bald Eagle - British Columbia / Hornby Island (2010)
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2010, 08:42 »
I suppose there's some comfort in the fact that nothing could be done, but it's still very sad. Nature is so cruel at times. Thanks for the update, bcbird.

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2010, 00:11 »
I happened to return to the Hornby Eagle site and read the final report on the cause of Phoenix's death.  She died of sudden and overwhelming fungal inflamation throughout both lungs, the diagnosis, acute  bilateral aspergillosis pneumonia.  As this was not a disease spread bird to bird, the probable source was from infected prey. Her physical status was within normal limits, and the opinion was that no intervention could have prevented her death.  

The full report is at http://www.ournaturezone.com/index.php?topic=355.msg22616#msg22616.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2010, 00:21 »
Sometimes it is the quality of life or death that one needs to be grateful for.
Yes, that is so very true. Thank you for your reflections and this reminder, TPC. :)

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2010, 18:37 »

Sometimes it is the quality of life or death that one needs to be grateful for.

That statement is comforting, and provides food for thought of many other situations, and not only in the animal world.  Thank you, Tracy. 

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2010, 15:15 »
Ty for posting your thoughts Tracy. I have refrained from saying anything because I didn't know what to say.  It is sad all around.  But your words brought me comfort.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2010, 13:20 »
Pneumonia might have been the chick's cause of death, but there could have been other problems (not discernable on the necropsy) that made him susceptible to pneumonia in the first place.  Goslings and ducklings get abandonned when the parents realize there is a problem - they look and act fine and you are sure they must just have gotten lost/separated, next thing you know they (literally) drop dead.

On the upside (not that there really is one) but Phoenix died in an environment he understood without the stress of being handled and examined by humans.  If he had been older and the pneumonia not so aggressive, he might have done more damage before dying.  Sometimes it is the quality of life or death that one needs to be grateful for.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2010, 00:33 »
Still very sad, every time I think about Phoenix.  :'( She must have been extremely ill. I wonder how a fungal pneumonia develops in eagles? :-\

Offline Jo

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2010, 09:20 »
Update from: http://www.hornbyeagles.com/index.htm

This morning July 17th, we received the preliminary findings from the necropsy performed on Phoenix.

Phoenix was a female. She died from acute bilateral mycotic pneumonia.  Other tests results will become available over the next week, and will confirm the causative agent.  Because Phoenix's death was caused by an infectious disease, sadly, she cannot be returned to Hornby Island for interment.

We owe a debt of gratitude to Maj Birch (Mountainaire Avian Rescue), Dr. Schwantje (wildlife veterinarian, British Columbia Ministry of Environment) and Dr. Bowes (avian pathologist for the British Columbia Animal Health Laboratory) for their dedication and determination to learn as much from Phoenix as they could.

A.J.L.,
on behalf of Doug Carrick and the Hornby Eagle Group.

Terms:
Acute: rapid onset
Bilateral: both lungs
Mycotic: fungal
Pneumonia: inflammatory lung condition

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2010, 18:26 »
Past sad. I haven't been watching this site, but to read the many posts by people who have been watching and are so affected by the chick's death - how tragic. How fragile life is.

Offline Jo

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2010, 15:50 »
How very sad.
 :'(
Another lovely tribute to Phoenix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSdMt7Ngd0U

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2010, 23:22 »
This is very sad! 
I just read on the forum page that many thought Phoenix was ill.  Some heard him sneezing, weezing, breathing heavily and rapidly. 
I'm sure we'll all read what really happened shortly!

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2010, 23:01 »
...Pheonix died in the nest following chest trauma due to a fall against the camera(?) and that an autopsy is planned....

Oh no! This is shocking and so very sad!  :'( I can hardly believe it! I often watched Phoenix with the Kinderchicklets! This is so so sad!  :'( :'(

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2010, 22:47 »
This really has been a tough year......

Offline Ellie

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2010, 22:29 »
Such sadness these past couple of days.  Sorry to hear about Phoenix.  He was such a cute chick.  Loved his white blow away hair-do.  Sad also that his parents have lost their "family" and because of their age we do not know if a nest will raise young again.  Nature at work again! :'(

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2010, 18:07 »
There is a lot of information on the forum http://www.ournaturezone.com/index.php and links, including a hot spot of the special climber retrieving Phoenix' body.  The results of the necropsy will be posted.  So much shared grief and a lot of support on the forum.  It is very, very sad.

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2010, 07:16 »
This is very sad to hear, there has been so much loss this year.   :'(

Offline AnimalLover

• Past Member
  • Hatchling
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2010, 04:07 »
They said something about a fish head he ate   it is so sad I was looking at some videos of him when he was first born very hard to watch now. :'(

There is a post by Raptorman @

http://www.ournaturezone.com/index.php?topic=11.2325

http://www.wildearth.tv/static/wildearth/channels/we_hornby_eagles.html

Some extra info I thought you might be interested = http://www.hornbyeagles.com/hornbyisland.htm
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 04:30 by AnimalLover »

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2010, 01:30 »
I haven't the heart to watch all the video clips, but understand that Pheonix died in the nest following chest trauma due to a fall against the camera(?) and that an autopsy is planned.  This is so very, very sad.  

Offline AnimalLover

• Past Member
  • Hatchling
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2010, 00:41 »
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 00:54 by AnimalLover »

Offline Jo

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2010, 20:24 »
http://tinyurl.com/PhoenixJuly11

At 9:24 some major wingersizing.  Phoenix will be 11 weeks old on Thursday (Jul 15). Eaglets fledge between 11-13 weeks - historically the Hornby Eaglets fledge at 12 weeks.

Offline Jo

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2010, 20:40 »
Time for some cuteness from Phoenix :http://tinyurl.com/PhoenixJun24

At 2:45 Phoenix does a hop-hop-hop to the edge of the nest . . .then at 6:00 finds the bones of something and carries it around the nest - for the next 2-3 minutes.

Hatch date was April 29th - so Phoenix is 8 weeks old today. . . so I had to look up fledge info:

From http://www.hornbyeagles.com/eaglefaq.htm#E:
Nest departure as early as 8 weeks of age has been reported, but 11 to 13 weeks appear to be the most common ages.  The Hornby eaglets have usually fledged at 12 weeks of age. In 2009, the chick fledged at 85 days of age (the exact age reported in Doug’s book).

Offline Jo

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2010, 20:20 »
Some very serious wingersizing! :o

At 4:00 - 5:00 (not much after Phoenix settles down)

http://tinyurl.com/PhoenixJun17

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2010, 20:36 »
Just like all little kids, putting all kinds of things into their mouths.  ;D

Offline Jo

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2010, 20:20 »
Phoenix has had enough of that stick over the nest and decided to move it out of the way (at about 5:45)

We get a good shot of all those new feathers

http://tinyurl.com/PhoenixJun13

Offline Jo

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2010, 17:20 »
Good video of Phoenix flapping (about 5:15)
http://tinyurl.com/PhoenixJun7

Hard to imagine that Phoenix is only 6 weeks old (I had to look back and hatch date was April 29th) and will be fledging in another 6 weeks.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2010, 11:39 »
There's a great clip of meal time - Dad brings home quite a selection of little fish - at about 3:30 the feeding starts and a minute later Phoenix swallows an entire fish. :o
http://tinyurl.com/2dhpemb
Phoenix is getting so big!

I showed this video to the Kinderchicklets at school the other day. They really enjoyed watching Phoenix swallow the fish whole! ;D It was also interesting for them to learn that Eagles eat fish, unlike peregrine falcons, who eat birds. Great teaching moment. Thanks again, Jo! :)

Offline Jo

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2010, 19:18 »
Phoenix is growing so fast! (I think I say that every time I post)

Very cute Phoenix testing his legs and wings . . .it's so hard to stand and move wings at the same time without falling over (particularly with a full crop).

The cuteness is about 2:30 - 3:45ish (complete with with a standing up poop squirt)

http://tinyurl.com/342e7qw

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2010, 21:09 »
There's a great clip of meal time - Dad brings home quite a selection of little fish - at about 3:30 the feeding starts and a minute later Phoenix swallows an entire fish. :o

I really enjoyed watching the feeding video, Jo. Thanks for posting the link.  :D Amazing to see Phoenix swallow that fish whole! I may show the video to the Kinderchicklets sometime next week.

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2010, 18:31 »
From what one of the group members is saying the egg could stay there indefinately or at some point the parents might dispose of it. Hard to know. If it stays Doug says he will get it after they leaving for the salmon fishing.

Offline Jo

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2010, 16:53 »
Is it common for them to keep the other egg - will it go bad - or do the eventually either eat it or toss it form the nest.

The first 2 minutes are very cute - Phoenix discovers his feet. I can't believe how huge they are. At first I thought it was the camera angle - but if you watch further you see Phoenix standing up and those feet really are quite big. This must be the gangly adolescent stage (?). Either way - he/she's awfully cute.

http://tinyurl.com/PhoenixDiscoversFeet

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2010, 11:57 »
Yes Phoenix is growing like weeds. I watched the video and he just swallowed that fish like no big deal. Good going Phoenix!

Offline Ellie

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2010, 22:21 »
Thanks Jo........that was a good video ;)  I haven't checked in on Phoenix for awhile and can't  believe how big he has gotten. He sure made quick work of the fish and his crop sure got full quickly :o He's still sleeping with the other egg also.  Thanks again.

Offline Jo

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2010, 21:28 »

http://tinyurl.com/2dhpemb

Phoenix is getting so big!

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 21:27 »
Awwww, it is such a treat to watch a baby settle for a nap, droopy head, look around,  droopy head, and quieter and quieter.......
Thanks for that link, Jo.

Offline Jo

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010, 18:02 »
Phoenix is getting so big so fast - you can watch clips on YouTube . . . if you need something to tide you over till our babies hatch. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUQEVvRechs

Offline Ellie

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 11:24 »
Mama is doing her housework and shaking out the mattress!  Fluffing it up!  Poor little "peeper" has had enough.  Ma ....I'm trying to sleep!  Cute to watch! ;)

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 14:44 »
Before I left for my trip to Windsor I checked and the egg still hadn't hatched much less got a pip so I doubt it will hatch.  Hey we have one eaglet that is great for this pair of eagles who are around 27 years old. Their life span is 25-30 and sometimes further.  Phoenix sure is a cute one.

Offline Ellie

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 17:24 »
At this stage of the "game" I am hoping that it doesn't hatch as "peeper" has almost a week of growth on the new hatchling.  This makes for difficult watching as "peeper" will no doubt take out his sibling revenge on him and peck him constantly!  We all know what that is like and what will happen.  Of course I am thinking like "people" here and not as mama eagle. :-\

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 14:17 »
Kinderchick, I am not sure it will hatch... 

I was thinking that it might not hatch either, eagle, since the first chick hatched April 28th, I think.

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 20:51 »
Kinderchick, I am not sure it will hatch.  If doesn't it won't be a big surprise to me.  Eagles hatching dates range from 35-39 days. And think today is day 39.  But hey if it hatches great, if not, it wasn't meant to be.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 20:11 »
Very busy mom, rearranging the sticks in her nest! Saw "little peeper" and the other egg this evening. Wonder when it will hatch? :-\

Offline Jo

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 15:24 »
Oh how cute!
I tuned in at meal time (3:20 Wpg time) - the little one was voicing his/her opinion and my cats came running to see what was up.

Offline Ellie

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 13:49 »
Have been keeping up on the wee one here!  Just had a feeding!  Mom trying to tuck him under her and what a squawking.  Bossy little one!  Doesn't want to be hidden.  Gotta see!!  Really cute.  The other egg still appears to be intact.

Offline Ellie

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 02:04 »
Yes I saw him today also.  Mom fed him while I was on the site.  Has he/she got a voice or what! :o

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 23:20 »
And the little peeper's name is Phoenix!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 16:31 »
Yes! Definitely a hatch on Hornby Island! :D Just saw the li'l peeper! ;D

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Bald Eagle - British Columbia / Hornby Island
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 16:26 »
Here is the link to the Hornby Island Eagle Cam, where I think there was a hatch this morning. :-\