Author Topic: McKenzie Seeds - 2010 / Brooklyn & Hurricane  (Read 87543 times)

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
McKenzie Seeds - 2010 / September
« Reply #752 on: September 10, 2010, 19:04 »
I saw two peregrines today, one this morning around 11am.  8)  :)  It was flying quite low heading south over the parking lot where I work towards the McK building......only three blocks away.  The other one was perched on the Scotia bank bldg around 3:30 this afternoon.  I am not really sure if I was seeing one or two different falcons.   :-\

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #751 on: September 10, 2010, 17:25 »
Today I watched Hurricane having a pigeon snack on the north west corner of the McKenzie roof.   :)  She flew over to the mts tower for a while and then flew off to the north until I couldn't see her anymore with my binoculars.  I have only been seeing one falcon for the past week, I suspect Brooklyn may have gone south.  :-\

Or gone west or north or south to wetlands for a pre-migratory feast.  Not much movement of peregrines at the migration sites, so probably not left yet, ours tend not to leave particularly early ... with the chicks "gone", the adults don't necessarily hang out at the nestsite, Brandon does leave earlier than the Radisson most years, but not usually quite this early ...

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #750 on: September 08, 2010, 23:00 »
Isn't it a bit early for one to leave? Of course, maybe the chill in the air had something to do with it. I just worry about the oil spill, sounds like it's worse than first indicated. If only there were some way to tell our birds to avoid that area.

Offline Jo

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #749 on: September 08, 2010, 21:06 »
I suspect Brooklyn may have gone south.  :-\

Smart girl - traveling early to get first pick of the prime spots and avoiding the rush.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #748 on: September 08, 2010, 21:00 »
Saw somebirdie on the MTS tower yesterday morning.  I think it was our girl as it was more brown than grey.

Today I watched Hurricane having a pigeon snack on the north west corner of the McKenzie roof.   :)

So glad to hear that you are at least still seeing one of the birds around, BirdLover and Rcf! :D

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #747 on: September 08, 2010, 19:58 »
We'll just have to look forward to the next season, RCF, and hope for fewer accidents.  It will come sooner than we think!

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #746 on: September 08, 2010, 19:57 »
A birdies' gotta do what a birdies' gotta do rcf. Nice that you still have one hanging around. :)

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #745 on: September 08, 2010, 19:35 »
Today I watched Hurricane having a pigeon snack on the north west corner of the McKenzie roof.   :)  She flew over to the mts tower for a while and then flew off to the north until I couldn't see her anymore with my binoculars.  I have only been seeing one falcon for the past week, I suspect Brooklyn may have gone south.  :-\

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #744 on: September 05, 2010, 13:45 »
Saw somebirdie on the MTS tower yesterday morning.  I think it was our girl as it was more brown than grey.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #743 on: September 02, 2010, 11:22 »
Thanks RCF.
 It is that time of year when  we know they will leave soon. always so quiet and somber.

I s a new nest box in order for next year???

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #742 on: September 02, 2010, 08:05 »
Glad you are still seeing them RCF, thank you for keeping us up to date  :-*

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #741 on: September 02, 2010, 05:01 »
Great day for you rcf ;D

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #740 on: September 01, 2010, 21:18 »
I saw our birdies this morning, one on the south light and the other on the west one, also saw Hurricane perched on mts tower later this afternoon.  8)  :)  I check everyday and some days I don't see them.   

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
McKenzie Seeds - 2010 / August
« Reply #739 on: August 27, 2010, 21:39 »
Saw a birdie this morning on the north light.  :)  This afternoon (2:30) Hurricane was perched on the east louvered ledge and Brooklyn was on the west louvered ledge on the north side of the Scotia Bank building...
:D 8)

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
McKenzie Seeds - 2010 / August
« Reply #738 on: August 27, 2010, 16:59 »
Saw a birdie this morning on the north light.  :)  This afternoon (2:30) Hurricane was perched on the east louvered ledge and Brooklyn was on the west louvered ledge on the north side of the Scotia Bank building.  I think it's the best place to stay cool and out of the sun. 8)  It was very hot today.......wonder if they get a breeze through those louvers?