Author Topic: West Winnipeg - 2010 / Beau & Jules  (Read 98539 times)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
West Winnipeg - 2010 / July
« Reply #731 on: July 27, 2010, 09:11 »
Great pics Dennis!  Love the one where h/she is having trouble to get under/over the bars by the window.  ;D 
Yes, dennis, great photos! And just like Ellie, I love the "butt end up" photo! ;D

Offline Ellie

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #730 on: July 27, 2010, 07:52 »
Great pics Dennis!  Love the one where h/she is having trouble to get under/over the bars by the window.  ;D  Thanks ........keeps us in the loop about what is going on "wherever"!!!! ???

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #729 on: July 27, 2010, 06:39 »
WW Fledge Watch Photos have now been loaded.

http://www.pbase.com/photosbydennis/fledge_watch

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #728 on: July 26, 2010, 22:54 »
What a smart little birdie Nero is, to get himself all the way back up to the nestbox. A very self-sufficient turn of mind, what with "declining the offer of assistance"!  ;D

Offline Ellie

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #727 on: July 26, 2010, 21:44 »
Thank you to WWW for the reports of the birdies relayed to us through you TPC!  Great to here such a discriptive narration................very similar to yours TPC. :-*  Happy that Nero is fine and flying ;D  Thanks to all ;)

Offline Eye-spy

• Project
  • Chick
« Reply #726 on: July 26, 2010, 21:43 »
Aw yes.  A wonderful warm day for a trip to the water park.  Now if only people would watch their own children and check the mirror before leaving home....... ::)

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #725 on: July 26, 2010, 21:42 »
 :) :) :)
I am so happy Nero made it back to the nest box.  I have been so worried about him.  I am just going to sleep so much better tonight.
I know you are not supposed to get attached to these wonderful birds but I do.  Tonight I was talking to my daughter before I knew Nero was safe. (I was afraid to read here and maybe read the worst)  She said to me "But Mom it is nature...you can't always save a protect them. They are wild birds  and sometimes things don't work out the way you want them to". 
Well anyhow I am just so happy to hear they are all fine and I hope they stayed safe while this brief storm blew through here a little while ago.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #724 on: July 26, 2010, 21:30 »
Yes it sure was hot and humid today! Still is, even though it has rained a bit where I live here in North Kildonan. When I was driving around town today doing a few errands, I happened to catch the weather report on CBC radio around 3:00 PM and they reported 40 with the humidex at that time! :P

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #723 on: July 26, 2010, 21:23 »
Just went to through my email and Bccs sent me an update that during her early morning shift today, she was able to confirm two chicks and the two adults at the West Winnipeg site this morning. 
At least this mornings watch wasn't as hectic which gave BccS a break on running around in the heat!  Good for her for being there this morning and for the report!

And hot it was Alli!  For those of you not enjoying our weather, it was 30 with the humidex by about 8am this morning according to Environment Canada.  And the wind, strong as it was, didn't seem to cool things down much!

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #722 on: July 26, 2010, 20:48 »
Just went to through my email and Bccs sent me an update that during her early morning shift today, she was able to confirm two chicks and the two adults at the West Winnipeg site this morning. 
At least this mornings watch wasn't as hectic which gave BccS a break on running around in the heat!  Good for her for being there this morning and for the report!

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #721 on: July 26, 2010, 20:39 »
Great reports all around re: the West Winnipeg chicks. Thanks!  :D

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #720 on: July 26, 2010, 20:02 »

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #719 on: July 26, 2010, 19:50 »
Great reports from WWW ;D  I was so happy to read that Nero's okay.

Thanks for keeping us up to speed with the WW nest, TPC!  I've said it before, I'll say it again - these birds are lucky to have you!

BTW, how's that Isis-Kali inflicted injury of yours?  You're definitely having a physically challenging year with these two nests! ::)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #718 on: July 26, 2010, 19:42 »
Great reports.

Glad Nero was found :-*

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #717 on: July 26, 2010, 19:36 »