Author Topic: West Winnipeg - 2010 / Beau & Jules  (Read 96495 times)

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
West Winnipeg - 2010 / July
« Reply #746 on: July 28, 2010, 05:35 »
.....so I'll try to do a better job of keeping you all in the loop.
Uh yeah I should hope so!  Pffttt!  ((((hee hee hee  :D))))
::) ::) :P :P ;D ;D ;D :-*

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #745 on: July 28, 2010, 00:32 »
Also, for the first time in more than a week, spotted all the kids together at the nestbox napping and playing with leftovers.  Nice to see them all together again  :D

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #744 on: July 28, 2010, 00:31 »
Apologies for the lateness of this post, its been a long day.  Here are Tuesday's observations from WWW :

Zipped by the nest around 10am and spotted 4 birds on the roof ledge.  Two were hanging out about a foot apart just under the cam, one was all alone way at the other end of the ledge squawking non stop.  The last one occupied what I believe is the West Winnipeg Prime Falcon Real Estate - the pirch on top of the cam!  This spot seems to be the most popular on site - it is occupied by a bird just about every time I am here.

I had a look at the West Wpg Nest a few times this afternoon but must say that it has been VERY quite here.  The wind is blowing quite strong from the west.  This may be why I have not seen any fly-bys.  I normally see the kids perched on either the pipe (see Dennis's photos) right by the cam or else on the ledge that faces south, but was not able to spot anyone all afternoon.  I've also enjoyed a lot of yakking lately, but not today!  It is so quiet here that I'm convinced that everyone must be napping this afternoon.

Sorry everyone - I have squat to report from this afternoon!

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #743 on: July 27, 2010, 21:04 »
.....so I'll try to do a better job of keeping you all in the loop.
Uh yeah I should hope so!  Pffttt!  ((((hee hee hee  :D))))

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #742 on: July 27, 2010, 19:24 »
Bccs, I love your description of the chick yacking for food and the parents only offering "tough love."  So nice to hear that all the family is home and accounted for.

Offline Jo

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #741 on: July 27, 2010, 17:51 »
Great photos & wonderful updates

Thank you Dennis, BCCS & Tracy!

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #740 on: July 27, 2010, 17:37 »
Thanks for the report Barb. I'm glad you saw all three kids and happy to know they are doing well.  :-*

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #739 on: July 27, 2010, 17:08 »
and ditto from us who are close by! Your reports keep me from hustling my little butt (okay, medium sized butt) down there and getting in the way.  ::)

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #738 on: July 27, 2010, 16:49 »
You are welcome, and I can sleep later, kids only fledge once and I'd rather be there than home in bed.
( but I have to tell you, I've been going to bed very early lately ) ;D

Offline dodobird

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #737 on: July 27, 2010, 16:42 »
Ditto - thanks from all of us who are far away. You give us great visuals.
It is much appreciated.

Offline Ellie

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #736 on: July 27, 2010, 16:32 »
Thanks Bccs............you will be worn out when the fledge watches are over..........hard to have so many irons in the fire and of course work does get in the way ;D  We sooooo appreciate all updates from everyone! :-*

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #735 on: July 27, 2010, 15:40 »
I've been stupidly busy again and just realized that I haven't given y'all an update lately.
So here goes.
Yesterday not much happened, bit of flying to and fro, but more yelling for food than moving their wings.
Today......... very different. Found 2 kids and 2 adults very quickly, kids yelling, parents ignoring.
Looked around for # 3 chick but no luck. After about an hour of waiting and watching the 2 chicks do some aerobatics ( not very gracefully I might add ) I heard a plaintive chick call from another direction.
There he/she was, about 6 stories up, calling for food.  ::)
It finally realized that delivery didn't go there, so off it took, gained great height and landed back on the nest box building, on the far side. He/she yacked his/her way all along the ledge of the building, doing the Mr. Burns crawl with a bit of flapping thrown in, finally making it back to familiar territory. It proceeded to yell it's head off for more than half an hour, gave up and had a snooze on the ledge. And that's where I left them, all three kids and the parents back home where they belong.......    for the time being. ;D
I'm going out every morning for the rest of the week, so I'll try to do a better job of keeping you all in the loop.

Offline msdolittle

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #734 on: July 27, 2010, 15:02 »
LOVE LOVE LOVE the photos Dennis!!!

The last image.... 
"You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out, you put your left foot in and you shake it all about!!!"   ;D

thanks .. i needed that tune going through my head

Offline des

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #733 on: July 27, 2010, 14:10 »
All terrific - and love the footwork in the last few.
Thanks, Dennis.

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #732 on: July 27, 2010, 13:30 »
LOVE LOVE LOVE the photos Dennis!!!

The last image.... 
"You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out, you put your left foot in and you shake it all about!!!"   ;D