Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines

Radisson - 2009 / Trey & Princess

<< < (1341/1988) > >>

Linder:
Thought it was a rubbermaid container and not the T one. Maybe they needed a few mounded stepping stones of gravel and they would have been in and out. Thought for next year, which I hope doesn't come to fruitation, no synthetic boxes, a wooden condo is a much better. Who knows!

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: allikat on June 10, 2009, 21:00 ---I'm not sure what's going on with Princess....I've never seen her do this before?  Tracy will have to answer these comments. 
--- End quote ---

Birds change over time or she may be overly protective given last year's failure.  Can never really know what is going on. Or it may also be that the weather is making her overly protective.  We will have to see what happens when the weather gets warmer and as the chicks need less and less help with their food and keeping dry/warm on the nestledge on cool nights ... or she might be stress and hungry spending more time with the chicks or at the ledge, sleep deprivation and missing my brekkie would certainly put me out ...

Liz:
HEY, I wore a beautiful tie-dyed t-shirt to work today! ;D  The brightest hue of each colour in the rainbow! 

And the rainbow is relevant to this thread because I saw one when I looked out my window towards the Radisson  (fold wings and and bow). 

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: ballywing on June 10, 2009, 18:55 ---About that pic of the nest ledge - TPC, that big mess in the corner - looks like old wood sticking up, or a hole or broken shingle stuff? - Is it hazardous at all to the chicks? (Sharp or pointy or something they can get caught in or on?)  ???....See I always need SOMETHING to fret about!!!  :P

--- End quote ---

Its roofing material and we don't think its a problem - not sharp or hard and the last time I was there, not something that would get caught on a chick ...

Moonstar:
Well I can go to bed now.  Looks like Mom just came in and is beside the chicks.  It is dark but I think I can make out her shape.  I did not like when the chicks were alone.  I think they are too small to be alone at night.   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version