Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines
Radisson - 2009 / Trey & Princess
Pchemist:
the third chick is still in the corner at the bottom where we can't see.
bccs:
Just went to my roof Liz. The guys are on a bldg behind the Radisson. Seems they're doing a little foof maintenance.
ballywing:
What happened to chick #3? ??? - Never mind spoke too soon. :-[ Those big crop 'bumps' are soooooooo cute! ;D
birdlover1:
I guess the little ones were hiding in the corner as I see Dad has brought them food & they have come out of hiding. In about 1-2 weeks they will be brought in for banding-they usually do that before they get their "flight" wings. I have been watching the Pittsburgh PA falcons since Mid-April & they fledged(flew)for the first time last week & early this week & so they have left their nests to go on their own way. I am also watching a webcam here in NJ (jersey city) & the chicks there are about the same age as Princess & Trey's are so at least I will be able to see all the fun of watching them grow up before they too fly the nest & I will have to wait until next year.
owensmama:
May I (respectfully) suggest that the "we" (falcon cam forum people) vs "them" (cbc comment people) discussion be moved elsewhere or just stopped altogether?
While I don't agree with some of the comments posted on that page, and I don't agree with the replies to Pchemist's post(s) on that page, that doesn't reflect everyone *over there*, just a few.
Maybe this is just me rehashing my experience as "not one of the cool kids" from high school, but, the reality is that everyone that is posting on either site is genuinely interested in the experience of watching these little chicks hatch and fledge. Let's all enjoy and share the experience together, regardless of where we post instead of creating a divisive environment.
This certainly isn't directed at anyone specifically, it's just that I have read a growing number of comments over the last week or so that have left a bad taste in my mouth, and I thought I would make the suggestion now so we don't scare any new posters away. Although I just recently registered to post in the focum, I have followed this group and the forum for the past few years, so I *know* that it is a good, welcoming and friendly bunch, but a newcomer may not have the history to know that and may be be hesitant to join in.
Ok, I'm getting off my soap box now. Happy watching everyone.
Patti
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version