Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines

Radisson - 2009 / Trey & Princess

<< < (1325/1988) > >>

Baffled:
It looks like the chick who just wandered to the down left corner has stuck its head underneath a piece of loose roofing material just south of poop alley --playing ostrich?

Edited: it came back out for snack time. But the Little Loner's still stuck down south and doesn't want to play with others. Or eat with others, it would seem.

Pchemist:
blue_eyes, I have enjoyed your participation here and I hope you will continue.  This is a great place to ask questions and learn and share the joy of watching a whole bunch of peregrine families.

I don't think anyone watching or posting comments anywhere at any site wants anything less than for these chicks and P&T to be happy and healthy and to fledge successfully (and for all the other families we watch to do the same)

Regarding the CBC site, in the main the comments I have read there seem to fall into three categories.  
1. observations and excitement (great!)
2. questions that won't be answered (ones that require an expert, which is why I encouraged folks to come here, and why I used my same screen-name there - so they might recognize me when they did come here)
3. criticism of the project that comes from a lack of understanding and an apparent unwillingness to read and investigate before criticizing (which is why I no longer read the comments there or post there)

I do think this forum is a better site for a variety of reasons - not least is the vast archive and varying threads for discussion.  But mostly I like this better because the people here tend never to go into comments that would fall into #3, and stick to #1 and #2 (knowing that questions that do require an expert will get a good answer).

and I like it here because people are friendly and welcoming!  What Loriann said!

(thanks TPC for creating this place)

Loriann:
sigh.   :-\  FIRST OFF - THIS IS DIRECTED AT EVERYONE, NO ONE IN PARTICULAR... SO PLEASE.. NO OFFENSE INTENDED TO ANYONE:

ok.  first, everyone's comments are welcome here, good or bad.
second, we welcome everyone to this forum, as 'black friday' last year will show.  we may not always agree  but we do try to see the other person's opinions and respect them.

As a 'day-one' member of the forum, ( and yea i'm rubbing it in and pulling rank) (  ;D ),  please feel free to post and comment.  All I ask ( my opinion only.. notice i said "i",, i don't speak for 'all ) is that IF you are going to comment, make sure you are making INFORMED comments. 

Please do not fly off the handle with uninformed posts that accuse, debate or argue points   that you are not familiar with.  Those of us who have been following these birds, the forum and the wonderful work that Tracy and her team do will be the very first to defend all of it. 

We ( all of us this time)  WELCOME EVERYONE .  no question is stupid, no post is stupid and at NO TIME will anyone ever say that it is. We ALL do our best to make 'newbies' welcome, we were all in that place once.  Ask a question and you'll get half a dozen well informed answers.  If we don't know we ALWAYS defer to the leader of the sandbox. THIS IS TRACY'S FORUM  AND SHE GRACIOUSY ALLOWS US FREE REIN TO SAY WHAT WE SAY.  we all RESPECT THAT, AND HER FOR DOING IT.

She puts in an enormous amount of time, energy and love into these birds ,and allows us mere mortals to be a small part of it.

MY issues (notice i say MY--again i don't speak on anyone's behalf but my own).. with the things posted on the cam web site are that 'some' of the people there are not well-informed and should not be making disparaging comments without knowing of what they speak.  The information is readily available for the knowing, either here or other places.

ok.. i'm down off MY soap box now. 

this forum is about RESPECT.. LETS ALL TRY TO REMEMBER THAT.

 now.. kiss, make up and group hug..

and we now return to our regularly scheduled observations of OUR birds.

blue_eyes:
I think, after reading all the comments about which site is "the better" site, and I do have MY druthers, I think maybe I shall just read the comments from now on rather than making any.  After Owensmama....I would wonder if my comments were ever off-base.  
Good luck to the chicks, you deserve to fly and be free.

Pchemist:
yep - but they can move enough into that corner to not be seen at all, too.  good to have a glimpse though.  two little eyes peeking out.   8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version